Ebay Postage (1 Viewer)

That was UNBELIEVABLE!
No action until the last second then it went off the chart. I definitely did the right thing. I kinda had to have it so I put on a slightly mad maximum bid. It went close enough to it in the end... €123.55. It's the most expensive record I will ever want to buy, I think.
It's a thing called Deutsches Amateur-Jazz Festival 1958 Düsseldorf. Jaki Liebezeit plays on one song on it, aged 20, under his "real" name of Hans. It precedes the first listing on his discogs page - Voices, by Manfred Schoof Quintett, pictured on my avatar - by 8 years. There's a good chance it's his first ever recording. A friend of mine who owns a record shop in Berlin told me about it about two months ago. He had just sold a copy...I tried to track it down but the buyer wouldn't even tell me what year it was, and my friend couldn't remember. He spotted it on ebay last week and gave me the heads up. Could not fucking believe it. My friend gave me a rough estimate of €65. I figure someone else must have known who played on it...I hope it wasn't a family member or whatever. I'm going to rip the tune and send it to Jaki's friends in Cologne when (fingers crossed) it gets delivered.

That's great, glad you got it. Interesting story too.

Good to hear you got it :)

I remember ordering something off eBay that a brother of mine asked me. It hadn't been an auction item but a buy it now. The buyer decided to cancel the order. His/her problem had been the eBay shipping on items abroad (the person was in Wales)

It did work out in the end, I asked him what the problem had been. They explained and we agreed on another postage method and on postage cost on it (as being the same as before) and it worked out.

Thanks Thumped!
One thing I noticed, I had a couple of instances of ebay open for the last few minutes of the auction, an ipad and a laptop. The time counter on each was different. They were very weirdly out...between 2 seconds and 7 seconds. 2 seconds right at the end. I guess this could seriously impact a last-ditch final bid.
Also, @Shaney? I was worried I had started a bidding war after your post, as I had already jumped in with a silly maximum bid. What ended up happening was in the last fraction of a second one other person just automatically bid right up to his/her limit. I couldn't have let that person go first and just made a last-minute decision to trump him/her.

question folks, what kind of numbers should I be filling in here in the cost box for shipping? they don't make it very clear. basically wanna use standard shipping rates worldwide Untitled.png

My eBay account was hacked . thankfully eBay had noticed it and suspended my account within an hour of it but still, I am jealous of the hackers, I don't even know my eBay password (which I have now changed).

First e-mail I got was about supplementary user agreement, then the second was an item I was apparently selling was confirmed. An hour or so later, they e-mailed me again that my account had unauthorised transaction telling me to change my password.

When I saw the e-mails, I went to eBay rather than the e-mails themselves.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back