Earth 2 (2 Viewers)

mackle

noticed a lot of people loving sunn o))) here

anyone like earth or espically earth 2?

i know sunn o))) is moving away fromt hat sound but i think earth done it better than they did

cool. someone told me that they had already released something new and i had been searching for it for months. i read an interview with dylan about a year ago were he said his new stuff is more jazzy than what earth was about before

Classic but I prefer the Pentastar album. I had it on DLP and swapped it for some shite and now it's worth a fortune. It's taken Sunn O))) to get me properly into Earth in recent years.

i love their live album sunn amps and smashed guitars. its great but i dont think many people liked it. the extra tracks on the reissue of it were crap

saw them last year,Awesome!!!!! They played bristol the same night as Knifed. I don't think we ever played so fast,or packed the van so fast for that matter. We got there just as they went on. Two piece,guitar/vocals and drums. They played mostly Pentastar type stuff,and a few songs I never recognised. Still can't believe I saw them sometimes.

Ciaran Mackle said:
cool. someone told me that they had already released something new and i had been searching for it for months. i read an interview with dylan about a year ago were he said his new stuff is more jazzy than what earth was about before
is dylan carlson doing ok? he was looking very ropey in the kurt&courtney documentary.

gimp said:
is dylan carlson doing ok? he was looking very ropey in the kurt&courtney documentary.
yeh apparently he has cleaned himself up now

not according to the piece written by the driver of their uk/euro tour (the one gary speaks of)...
but then this is the internet and it's not like any of us actually know dylan carson or are in a position to confirm whether or not he's a junkdog...

When I saw them he didn't speak much at all,he had put on a few pounds though. Probably should have started a conversation when he was walking about but couldn't be arsed.

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
not according to the piece written by the driver of their uk/euro tour (the one gary speaks of)...
but then this is the internet and it's not like any of us actually know dylan carson or are in a position to confirm whether or not he's a junkdog...
id say thats a long time ago? who fucking cares anyways...he's a drug addict, forget it..?christ almighty

uh huh...i totally care, no seriously, i do!
but for the curious -:

We’d love to tell you Dylan Carlson’s decision to reform Earth with his girlfriend and embark on a European tour was definitely the right and natural thing to do but we can’t.

Blame the methadone, but the recent shows of this once-mighty group were some of the most disastrous, pointless and painful outings in rock history.

Because it’s the Nature issue and Earth’s good records sound like the whole world dissolving around your feet, we thought it’d be good to talk to Dylan and his partner/drummer Adrienne Davies. Somewhat naively we thought they’d have some interesting things to say about things like rocks, sand, vibrations, I dunno... something.

I’m a huge fan of Earth so I was genuinely upset when, despite numerous phone calls and emails, the two blobs of human gloop “forgot” to answer the 25-plus questions we sent them. Instead they just about managed to snap this little out-of-focus photograph of themselves before sinking into the back of their foul-smelling tourbus to lie prostrate amid beers, chocolate bars, nacho dips, tortillas, hastily repackaged old Earth live albums and 48 life-saving bottles of methadone, some of which were mysteriously “broken” so they had to get more. A likely story if you ask me.

“The shows on the last European tour were routinely not very good at all,” a tour insider told VICE.

“Dylan’s usually amazing guitar playing was totally overshadowed by Adrienne’s terrible drumming. A drummer who can’t keep time! Jesus! What the fuck is that? I’m sorry, John Bonham was an awesome drummer but all he was basically there for was to keep time and fucking Adrienne couldn’t even manage that! I think the word got around Europe because by the end of the tour we were playing to around 12 people a night.

“Every time we passed a fucking gas station we had to stop at it for like 20 minutes so Adrienne and Dylan could buy sodas and fucking chips and dips and sunglasses or fucking cuddly toys then they’d lie in the back of the van all sleepy and moaning. On average I reckon we spent at least a whole day in European gas stations as well as hundreds, if not thousands, of euros on complete crap. The shows were uninspired, they were always late and the whole thing was kind of a travesty of what Earth was about in the first place. It was a real shame.”

VICE wishes Dylan and Adrienne the best in returning to the studio to record an album anywhere near as good as Earth 2, but somehow, we doubt they ever will.

“Their tour manager booked them studio time on tour in Europe but they fucked that up as well. Earth aren’t even heavy any more. It’s like the situation in Spinal Tap with the lead singer and his girlfriend, only this time with added methadone and less chance of shining the turd.”
>>>>>>>>>...
later slayter.
andrew
pz - most my favourite bands are drug addicits!!!

book175-x.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back