dublins latest scene that celebrates itself (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by Speed Racer
You should use the asian guy as your Avatar. The expression on his face is priceless. Looks like his Boss is taking the photo. And he's just after banging the bosses daughter. Ha!

He did.

Man you should get more involved or we'll kick you out of our you know what.

Originally posted by silo

oh... did anybody else hear about the jimmy cake being mentioned in fair city? i was told this at work this morning. true? false? and why aren't we all talking about that instead?

Yeah, that was gas; apparently some wan was asking Mike who owns the restaurant for the night off so she could see some band called the Jimmy Cake..."the jimmy wha'?"

What's even weirder is that the Guy who plays Mike used to be the principal in the primary scool where me and vin and dee come from.

Also, Shelley and Paul live on my road.

But i don't know how we got onto the script.
Still, now we're up there with listo, as seen on teevee...brilliant!

I didn't think jim carroll's article was as nasty as a lot of you are making out. So there! , the main reason i'm going is to see four tet seeing as pretty much everyone else plays very regularly in dublin.

Originally posted by figs

There was a good riot girl style band in GZ last night, Michael Dracula, but most people seemed more intent on talking, which was a real shame.

I danced... I danced like a lunatic. Man.... my head mightn't know the tunes, but my feet do. GeeZee was great fun last night....

I'd really like to see this Irish scene being promoted abroad. Things You're Missing started off as a suggestion about collaborating in promoting various bands (loosely associated with Thumped.com). Seeing as there is heaps and heaps of media coverage in Ireland, I think it could be an idea to collectively promote the Irish scene abroad. The music played by the lads and lass in Wonky has a limited appeal, but there would be a lot of people abroad who would be interested in hearing some of the stuff produced in Ireland.

Originally posted by billygannon

I danced... I danced like a lunatic. Man.... my head mightn't know the tunes, but my feet do. GeeZee was great fun last night....

'twas indeed. The 80's side of the night was poorly reflected by most bands, late cancellations probably taking the blame for that, but the usual GZ combination of rockin choons and sweet booze was enough to keep me happy.

Originally posted by pee pee
bands with girls:

estel, playground psychotic, jimmy cake, settler, chalets, deputy fuzz, el diablo, em....cant think of any more.
anyone?

Just thought of more:

The Tycho Brahe, The Last Post, Jape.

small fish, big pond

for my two pence ha'pennys worth, i agree with you billy gannon. i think that working internationally shouldn't be seen as the cherry on the cake any more. with barriers coming down and increased mobility and opportunity surely just playing to domestic audiences is an unecessary restriction? is there a way of advaning this by maybe creating an informal international network of similar providers to thumped and things your missing? maybe some kind of collaborative venture with a website portal or something? even links to similar bulletin boards and sites so people could make contacts? this would at least address information exchange and maybe help bring the music to a bigger audience?

Originally posted by binky

Yeah, that was gas; apparently some wan was asking Mike who owns the restaurant for the night off so she could see some band called the Jimmy Cake..."the jimmy wha'?"

Also, Shelley and Paul live on my road.

are shelley and paul buds of yours? like, do you say "story bud!" to the shellmaister on the street? wish i'd seen fair city now.
the jimmy cake wouldn't be the first dublin band to feature on fair city. anthony's old band, Here Be Monsters had a few posters in background shots. am i wrong?

Originally posted by old

How can I make this post any more cliquey?
Oh yes, the Corpo are playing a gig with Dudley's bro's new band on August 28th which features members of Coldspoons (not that evening, thankfully) and C4O.
That'll do it.

and members of goodtime john as well, and the corpo also includes members of joan of arse.

what do you mean members of Coldspoons (not that evening, thankfully) ?????

Playground Psychotic

There should be a gig that features only female bands to redress the balance.

The way I see it is, that kind of thing just consigns you to the 'ladies night' cage. Is it not better to just play all places with all sexes? They say mixed schools are better for social development after all...

Hey! Why don't all the women organise a Girls in Bands night then? Ha? It would be interesting to see all o them put together. And ye know that 'Chicks on decks' night in the Thomas HOuse. Why don't they change the name slightly to 'Chicks with decks', like those Thailand sorts. Is that not what the gag is meant to be anyway? Seems like they didn't quite pull it off!

Jaysus

*sigh* I know I've got a typo on my name;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back