dublins latest scene that celebrates itself (1 Viewer)

jaysesesessees fiachra
where are you with your popculture soundbites?
That's a phoenix night-ism now so it is

VERY CUTTIN EDGE

ah here, buh. i'm onny buzzin off ye. i'm king buzz. dint the lads tell ye? jayses. it's a laugh buh, right? nice one.

Dudley's slot. Genius. And the granny joke.
Almost as good as Noel V Ginnity's joke about Irish bingo being in latin so the protestants can't win.

Aye, I'll be jigging along to the Goughmania III thingum on Saturday Crith.

How can I make this post any more cliquey?
Oh yes, the Corpo are playing a gig with Dudley's bro's new band on August 28th which features members of Coldspoons (not that evening, thankfully) and C4O.
That'll do it.

one could argue that the preposterous level of cliqueyness brought about thingsyourmissing.com,
so one could.

bit o' bad press will do us no harm. althouh i will continue to blow hot smoke into dudley's slot.

if cliqueyness brought about thingsyoure missing, why are all the meetings publicised on a mailing list that anyone can sign up to, why do we send out a weekly email to hundreds of people telling us all about the whole thing, why do we have a website that anyone can post news to, and why did we have an article in a publication as obscure and cliquey as the evening herald? or is it ideologically inconvenient to consider stuff like that, buh?

[and why did the whole clutch of posts about gurls in bands fail to mention estel? in fact, why are they left out of everything? i could answer that, but i'd like to know what people think...]

and as for the article in the ticket, well, i'm sure the deadline for filling in the blank space on page 26 must have been fast approaching. and there's nothing easier than slagging something off. i would have thought, though, that the standard slag-irish-band-praise-foreign-one modus operandi was beginning to die out. apparently not.

oh... did anybody else hear about the jimmy cake being mentioned in fair city? i was told this at work this morning. true? false? and why aren't we all talking about that instead?

dudleys slot.

hehe.

here, joss, your picture, right?
yer man kinda looks like a bet down version of spencer from big brother.
which would explain why im strangely attracted to him.

**************COMEDY GOLD SLOT**************

Richie Rednecks new favourite band is Belle & Sebastian.
Ahahahahahahaha.

Ha. Ha.

Ha.

Originally posted by binky

He's been tearing his hair out trying to get his hands on Uptown Racquet demos tough and they're playing, so I think he's a big stupid liar. Or having fun...

ditto

he once wanted to sign a band I was in to Lakota Records and the went on to slag of same band on the MUSE forum as forum moderator/MUSE editor .... such is the business we call show.

maybe thats his style?

Originally posted by old
How can I make this post any more cliquey?
Oh yes, the Corpo are playing a gig with Dudley's bro's new band on August 28th which features members of Coldspoons (not that evening, thankfully) and C4O.

features members of Coldspoons (not that evening, thankfully)

:confused:

oooh! thanks joss!
see?.... see what jim carrolls sewed the seeds for?
in-clique slagging.
jesus, its spreadin like wildfire already.

although, i don't think The ColdShoulder Conspiracy are fully signed up members of the clique yet...

Originally posted by Pantone247

ha ha ha!!!

what the fuck is THAT meant to mean!!

that is the dumbest thing ever, quoting fucking Kevin fucking Costner :p :p :p

seriously that is just a nutbag thing to say

ha ha ha!!!

Ahoy Ahoy!

[filmgeek] It was actually a Ray Liota quote in Field of Dreams[/filmgeek]

wimmin in bands?

I would like to point out that Settler has at least one girl in it.

And Fiona on bass as well.

There should be a gig that features only female bands to redress the balance. It would be like that programme "Tonka" about the Japanese women's prison (at least in my mind it would)

In fact, we could go with that theme and call it Tonky.

Or we could have a gig that features only bands from outside the pale - call it Honky.

Or we could have a gig that features some of the more masturbatory music of our lovely isle - call it Wanky.

okay I'll stop now

I seem to remember when Jim Caroll wrote a lot for the Event Guide he used to indulge in this style of writing. There was at least one person I know who was going to kill him.

Seems like he's the only one who is still doing what he did in the past.

bands with girls:

estel, playground psychotic, jimmy cake, settler, chalets, deputy fuzz, el diablo, em....cant think of any more.
anyone?

bought 7 new records yesterday, all with girls on them.
actually, i only ever buy records with girls on them.
its a system that hasn't failed me yet.

has anyone heard the new ep from dakota floyd?
its sorcha (ex-palomines) new band.
really sweet stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back