dublins latest scene that celebrates itself (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by Speed Racer

True. There should be more females doin stuff. But hang on, giv'em a chance.....they've just figured out how to look alot better than they did ten years ago. So with this new found confidence they should be kickin ass within the next Five or six years. Bangles everywhere!!:D

i'm also a girl. a big girl.

je reckon the jocular journalist's trying to provoke a riot of rambunctious repetoire amongst those ralllying to the right of.....ah shite i lost my train of thought.

choo choo...yep. there it goes, next stop lala land

Originally posted by pee pee

i think i'm speechless.

no wait, false alarm, im not.

no, actually, i think i am.

Ah, sorry! It was a crap jokey thingy. No offence intended. Only Buzzin like, for a larf. D'ye know what I mean.

Peace

Just read this whole article. Does seem particularly negative and nasty. Who claimed the music was 'cutting edge'?
Fridge released a lot of records that I found pretty dull, too.
The Last Post with orchestra action is going to be fucking great.

Originally posted by Speed Racer

Ah, sorry! It was a crap jokey thingy. No offence intended. Only Buzzin like, for a larf. D'ye know what I mean.

Peace

don' worry bud.
it cool an ting.

when are the boys in bands going to start makin themselves all fancy then, eh?
its as much as we can do to get dilbot to have a wash once a week.
enda gives him a bed bath.

Originally posted by old
Fridge released a lot of records that I found pretty dull, too.

thats funny.
cos you've released a lot of records that *i* found pretty dull too!

ahahahahaha :)
sorry joss. just giddy today.
still drunk i think.
was cutting rug with hector and richie till 3am in isoldes tower
:eek:

hector is a *mean* jiver kids.

don' worry bud.
it cool an ting.

its as much as we can do to get dilbot to have a wash once a week.
enda gives him a bed bath.

Ahem!:D

Originally posted by frambosenshmak
"on the same old faces and same old sounds is deeply alarming. it shows that certain things have not been learned by irish rocks past mishaps and that cosy cliques are still very much in vogue. being a local hero is easy. going for global gold is another matter."

He sounds like a Langer all right. And his taste must be up his hole. There's alot more to be positive about in the current scene. Really there is. But some weekends you can catch a bad line up purely by Bad luck. This happened to meself with mates in Da2 a few weeks ago. The bands were stale indie poop. We were horrified! So I'll understand a little of his ranting, if he saw an equally poor line up and felt compelled to write. But he doesn't really talk about the good musical styles goin on, versus bad ones goin stale. Does he?

don' worry bud.
it cool an ting.

That's a great, IMPORTANT point, you made there. Guys on stage don't do enough really. There should be more Glam thrown in, more entertainment. Well, we're finishing our demo at the mo, and meself and the lads are gonna put on the Ma's gear BIG TIME. Oh, It'll be just dandy. .|..|

just read the whole thing there myself. it's pretty much negative towards everyone except johnny fourtet. and full of negatory sweeping statements towards the whole line-up INCLUDING the visual side. the fucker!
it's possible though that if there's too many big shows with the same bands people will get bored very quickley. including the bands. except jewy lewis and the jews.

here buh. when are you likely to get bored by free booze?

buh serious, buh.

man, i was kicking last night...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back