Dublin Zoo protest tomorrow (1 Viewer)

i think there may also be a certain degree of anthropomorphism going on. just because humans hate captivity doesn't mean a hippo is going to give two shits about it. as long as he has food and mud.

Is the Zoo not important for helping the conservation of certain species of animals?

It is important these days since the human race managed to wipe out most of their natural habitat.

I haven't been to Dublin Zoo since 1993 and I think I was there once before with my brother as my Ma hated zoos and wouldn't bring me. She went once herself and told me she cried the whole time she was there.

We went to Hamburg zoo a couple of years ago and also went to a safari park when we were at roadburn. It was great to see the animals up close but very depressing to see wild animals surrounded by concrete.

Still if anyone put my son in a zoo I'd be very cross and at least expect some discount to go visiting.

Zoos. there's a thread worth having there, but let's face it: we're all out in the world too long to be inspired by anti-zoo protesters. I may be wrong, but i have a picture in my head of what they're like and I just don't feel they are pulling their weight enough to lecture the rest of us.

Having animals in your gaff makes them love animals, otherwise it's just an abstract, like loving cars.

Although HMB may grow up to hate animals as we are currently having our morning nap with three dogs and a cat in the bed so space is at a premium.

99% of people who give out about 'liberal' idiots are bitter ex-students who think the week they spent in college wearing a Che t-shirt and smoking a few joints means they "used to be left wing" but then grew up and saw the light.
Theres something revolting about dealing in cliches.
exactly, whereas continuing to wear the che tshirt after college makes you a troo revolooshuneri

image-1137057974-7124.JPG

Anywhere With You

When you call my name,
That’s all I hear,
And everything else just disappears,
Because I am blind to only you,
Is that the way that it feel,
With a love so true?

Bridge
No matter where we are, (are)
Whether near or far, (far)
You take far away,
Might as well be any place.

Chorus
We could be in Paris on the Seine,
We could be in London in the rain,
Kissing in the sunshine on the lane,
Anywhere with you it’s all the same.
We could be in Rome by candle light,
Underneath the New York City sky,
All that I would see is in your eyes,
Anywhere with you is paradise.

Whether it’s sun,
Or maybe rain,
All that I see is in your face,
Whatever direction,
Whatever flows,
I’m already there,
With you I know.

Bridge
You take far away,
Might as well be any place.

Chorus

You take far away,
To another place,
Maybe it’s because,
It’s coloured by your love,
So I might as well,
Be any place in the whole wide world.

Chorus

Chorus

Anywhere with you,
Anywhere with you,
Anywhere with you,
Anywhere with you,
Anywhere with you,
Anywhere with you.

80% of the idiots at these things just float around from protest to protest knowing fuck all about the issues they are protesting about. Latching onto any viewpoint that is deemed 'liberal' then feigning passion about it.
There's something beautiful about a truncheon meeting a middle-class dreadlock.

care to give us a source there, Statistic-Boy/Girl?

99% of people who give out about 'liberal' idiots are bitter ex-students who think the week they spent in college wearing a Che t-shirt and smoking a few joints means they "used to be left wing" but then grew up and saw the light.
Theres something revolting about dealing in cliches. (Protesters - they don't know what they're talking about! Crusties - they're all middle class or living off their parents!)

Are you related to Ian O'Doherty by any chance?

It is true for the most part, cliche or no cliche.

'There's something revolting about dealing in cliches' you say.... whilst making quite a large generalization about students, Che T-shirts, joints and briefly embracing leftism in college because it's cool to do so.

Also I think I should point out I was not giving out about 'liberal' idiots as you say...I was referring to some of the idiots that go around frequently taking part in protests having relatively little knowledge about the issues at hand.

Yes I am an ex-student.
Bitter? Occasionally....about what you have no idea.
I have unfortunately NEVER owned any Che Guevara merchandise :(
I'm sure what 'light' you are referring to, I have held pretty much the same political views my whole adult life, and most certainly did not indulge in some strap-on leftist fantasy to enhance my student 'image'.

I'm not giving out about protests here, a lot of them highlight great causes & injustices.
I was referring to the unfortunate amount of idiots who seem to be in attendance at most of them..it just lets the whole thing down don't you think?

OK..maybe 80% is a bit much..sorry about that, I don't have the statistics..I meant to say a LOT.

Now, where did I put my daily mail.... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back