Dublin Zoo protest tomorrow (3 Viewers)

hmmm..I was going to take my daughter to the zoo tomorrow. Wonder will get heckled on the way in? Should be an experience.

80% of the idiots at these things just float around from protest to protest knowing fuck all about the issues they are protesting about. Latching onto any viewpoint that is deemed 'liberal' then feigning passion about it.
There's something beautiful about a truncheon meeting a middle-class dreadlock.

If the conservation of certain species was high on the agenda at Dublin Zoo I think alot more animals would have been returned to the wild over the years.

I can't see how anyone could find any benefit in putting animals behind glass for us to stare at day in and day out. It makes no sense to me.

Apart from some conservational reasons I don't see the point either.

I saw a show the other day about zoos in China which have become very successful at breeding pandas in captivity. But, because of the perceived danger that the mother might harm the cubs, the offspring are raised by the zookeepers. The result is where once they were dealing with an endangered species, they now have dozens of pandas that are incapable of surviving in their natural environment. So like...what's the point?

It's like Joanie Mitchell's "Tree museum, where you "pay five dollars just to see um"

only with "panda" instad of tree, and "them" instead of "um"

and it's probably cost more than five dollars too

what was my point again?

• this post confuses me. on the one hand i see your point but on the other i fail to grasp what you're saying

• why can't i linky to youtube? :(

anyway i felt it was deserved because it's off the album "animal rights" and it's an epic fail cause sony made him change the lyrics to "thats when i realise it's over"
    just like i think this protest will be an epic fail!!

I was gonna stay outta this till yis started slagging crusties.
They're the one that should be in a fucking zoo.State a them.
And as for endangered species?Sure theres only about 12 of the cunts in the whole country.

BADISH!

check out this record. blinding!

zoo-same.jpg

Looks good niggly,what gives?Are they called Zoo or what?

I'm getting it now,looks class,nice one!

80% of the idiots at these things just float around from protest to protest knowing fuck all about the issues they are protesting about. Latching onto any viewpoint that is deemed 'liberal' then feigning passion about it.
There's something beautiful about a truncheon meeting a middle-class dreadlock.

99% of people who give out about 'liberal' idiots are bitter ex-students who think the week they spent in college wearing a Che t-shirt and smoking a few joints means they "used to be left wing" but then grew up and saw the light.
Theres something revolting about dealing in cliches. (Protesters - they don't know what they're talking about! Crusties - they're all middle class or living off their parents!)

Are you related to Ian O'Doherty by any chance?

I loved this bit:

"we will be notifying the police beforehand, for our own safety. There is also a chance that police will remove us from the Phoenix Park grounds, so we may have to move to the nearest public street...."

Jesus H, if they're looking for protection from the very people who are gonna ship them off away to somewhere else....? This is like the animals plotting to escape by asking the zookeeper to let them out, but keep the gate open in case the whole 'wildlife' escapade doesn't work out liked planned and they need to get back in again.

Maybe they need to get to grips with this little doosie first:

human_zoo_2_th.jpg

If the conservation of certain species was high on the agenda at Dublin Zoo I think alot more animals would have been returned to the wild over the years.

I can't see how anyone could find any benefit in putting animals behind glass for us to stare at day in and day out. It makes no sense to me.
The benefit is people enjoy it. The cost is animals may not, but if they're not showing signs of stress then we've actually no way at all of finding out how they feel about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back