Dublin Racist Riots (1 Viewer)

oh

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

1722601981939.png

1722602043175.png

First word I'd use to describe Dublin city centre. Peaceful.

I do love the regular kumbaya circles around the Spire

The Brits have already jailed lads from the Southport riots

How the fuck is that? Like it happened days ago?

Not complaining, just didn't know they wrapped things up so quickly over there

I think KS put special measures in place. This was his bread and butter as a solicitor. Think he was involved in prosecuting lads from the 2011 riots.

I think KS put special measures in place. This was his bread and butter as a solicitor. Think he was involved in prosecuting lads from the 2011 riots.

Wasn't there reports of the running the courts 24 hours a day to deal with it.

From what I see very few people are getting bailed if their cases aren't going to trial quickly.

Some folks getting 3 years if they are.

Wasn't there reports of the running the courts 24 hours a day to deal with it.

From what I see very few people are getting bailed if their cases aren't going to trial quickly.

Some folks getting 3 years if they are.

It seems pretty wild. Just never heard of it before in western countries, I don't think?

And still no legal effort or gumption to go after social media companies for what they publish

Actual social cohesion at stake and Twitter and the rest can have the absolute worst hateful shit on their sites and no consequences, except for the gobdaws that aren't careful enough to cover their tracks

Last edited:
It seems pretty wild. Just never heard of it before in western countries, I don't think?

And still no legal effort or gumption to go after social media companies for what they publish

Actual social cohesion at stake and Twitter and the rest can have the absolute worst hateful shit on their sites and no consequences, except for the gobdaws that aren't careful enough to cover their tracks

The law Coming down on FG big business buddies in the Social meejas?
I think not

The law Coming down on FG big business buddies in the Social meejas?
I think not
Either jurisdiction though

BY all means send these lads that beat up cops to jail

But put some manners on these social media companies

All these riots (theirs and ours) were incited by some dope on socials posting a muslim name
We can't have our cities fucking burn cos these cunts have a platform/publisher loophole.

I know this is not a new argument at all whatsoever

I consistently am amazed that the Irish and British (and whatever other) governments allow social media business people to actively attempt to destabilise our states with no clear consequence. Quite apart from all the random scumbags like McGregor, Robinson, etc, it's really weird that these supposed moguls are allowed, with barely an even token admonishment, cheer on the dissolution of our states.

I'm curious whether a future government in either jurisdiction would have the power (both legal and popular) to geoban the likes of Twitter or Facebook etc. I get the sense that a lot of the shit with Musk and the "free speech" brigade is fear that robust and actioned EU laws on what you can and can't say will vastly increase the cost of meaningful engagement. If people have to have manners online, it's hard to get everyone riled up enough to interact.

It's weird, I've been very online since I was a kid and at times I've lived on Twitter but it really feels like that ever online era is ending. Why the fuck would decent people bother trying to negotiate a shower of Nazi dickheads for the rest of our lives? They hate everything and stand for nothing other than fantasies of raping teenage girls.

I mean Thumped is for pricks, but it is a community. The way Twitter et al have moved is to the white heat of bigotry and hatred, steamrolling over all normal discourse. What really made the internet blossom in decades past was a balance between being able to say "anything" and fundamental respect for others. Trolling has probably existed since the days of ARPA but seeing the intensity increase and its real world applications has been sobering.

The closest analogy I can think of is US landlines, long ago, before mobiles had really become ubiquitous, the average US landline was a nightmare as they had endless robocalls from scams and spams etc. It was insane to witness. Between that and Google search results turning to sludge, way to destroy the best technologies ever created since sanitation.

I consistently am amazed that the Irish and British (and whatever other) governments allow social media business people to actively attempt to destabilise our states with no clear consequence. Quite apart from all the random scumbags like McGregor, Robinson, etc, it's really weird that these supposed moguls are allowed, with barely an even token admonishment, cheer on the dissolution of our states.

I'm curious whether a future government in either jurisdiction would have the power (both legal and popular) to geoban the likes of Twitter or Facebook etc. I get the sense that a lot of the shit with Musk and the "free speech" brigade is fear that robust and actioned EU laws on what you can and can't say will vastly increase the cost of meaningful engagement. If people have to have manners online, it's hard to get everyone riled up enough to interact.

It's weird, I've been very online since I was a kid and at times I've lived on Twitter but it really feels like that ever online era is ending. Why the fuck would decent people bother trying to negotiate a shower of Nazi dickheads for the rest of our lives? They hate everything and stand for nothing other than fantasies of raping teenage girls.

I mean Thumped is for pricks, but it is a community. The way Twitter et al have moved is to the white heat of bigotry and hatred, steamrolling over all normal discourse. What really made the internet blossom in decades past was a balance between being able to say "anything" and fundamental respect for others. Trolling has probably existed since the days of ARPA but seeing the intensity increase and its real world applications has been sobering.

The closest analogy I can think of is US landlines, long ago, before mobiles had really become ubiquitous, the average US landline was a nightmare as they had endless robocalls from scams and spams etc. It was insane to witness. Between that and Google search results turning to sludge, way to destroy the best technologies ever created since sanitation.

There should have been a mass exodus from twitter the day Musk got his hands on it. There's no saving it under that managment. It's a subscription for a newspaper you'd never but, it was gamified by hard right types years ago and now the managment encourage that. Fuck em like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back