Don't Panic (1 Viewer)

i met douglas adams at a book signing in the mid 1980's (for dirk gently's holistic detective agency i think) and my mate said to him "So... what about the Hitchhikers movie?". He just looked at us and laughed "Ahhhh yes. The movie. Next year... always next year!"

I hope he'd be happy.

The trailer for the Hitch Hiker's movie is just a promo teaser thing, it doesn't actually show any film footage.

I'm in two minds about the film myself. First of all, the casting is really good. Martin Freeman (Tim from The Office) as Arthur Dent was a great choice in my opinion because he's got the right amount of nerd and nervousness to pull it off. Mos Def would definitely make a really "cool" Ford Prefect also.

However no film would be able to recreate the dept and craziness of the book, and I really liked the book(s) so I'll probably end up disappointed. That promo pic of Marvin the Paranoid Android looks pretty good though, we'll see when it comes out I suppose.

Thayl said:
The trailer for the Hitch Hiker's movie is just a promo teaser thing, it doesn't actually show any film footage.

I'm in two minds about the film myself. First of all, the casting is really good. Martin Freeman (Tim from The Office) as Arthur Dent was a great choice in my opinion because he's got the right amount of nerd and nervousness to pull it off. Mos Def would definitely make a really "cool" Ford Prefect also.

However no film would be able to recreate the dept and craziness of the book, and I really liked the book(s) so I'll probably end up disappointed. That promo pic of Marvin the Paranoid Android looks pretty good though, we'll see when it comes out I suppose.

Did you ever see the tv series? If they Dont have an incredibley fake looking second head on Zaphod Beeblebrox, I'm asking for my money back...

pete said:
i met douglas adams at a book signing in the mid 1980's (for dirk gently's holistic detective agency i think) and my mate said to him "So... what about the Hitchhikers movie?". He just looked at us and laughed "Ahhhh yes. The movie. Next year... always next year!"

I hope he'd be happy.

Erm... Do I still have your copy of that or did I give it back?

I do not like the look of AIBO Marvin above, if indeed that IS Marvin.

Goff said:
Erm... Do I still have your copy of that

My hardback, autographed, first edition? Probably.

or did I give it back?

Probably not

I do not like the look of AIBO Marvin above, if indeed that IS Marvin.

55501.jpg

THRILLHO said:
that video is was better than the marvin from the series. much of the series sucked ass (in a bad way), which did make it quirky-great, just not at all what i'd expected from the books. a dizzy squeaky-voiced blonde Trillian? ALL wrong.

favourite bit of all from the books: the sperm whale internal monologue, HHGTTG. cracks me up EVERY time.

lmd64 said:
favourite bit of all from the books: the sperm whale internal monologue, HHGTTG. cracks me up EVERY time.
Bill Baily is in the credits for the new movie as "voice of sperm whale".

Thayl said:
Bill Baily is in the credits for the new movie as "voice of sperm whale".
hmmm interesting choice.

i always imagined it as a kid's voice, like a really innocent voice, suffused with quiet wonder at the world, pausing momentarily just before saying "...I wonder if it will be friends with me?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back