Do you like your job? (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by Alex

I was in Santry (ex Lotus Development) and honestly had a HORRIBLE experience in there. Probably it was because of the people (I was working with the meanest persons ever) but anyway the pressure was amazing, the hours crazy (15/16 hrs a day in quarter end....) and the money crap (15K)

Maybe it's not the same in every position, did you have more luck?

hey alex,

no, i was mearly whining about my own job. actually its not that bad in light of what you've just said.

the people i work with are nice, its just the customers (as usual) who are rotten.

plus they've been very good in the light of my recent boldness. i almost feel like i owe them something.

I'm a Graphic Designer, and I like working as one, it's just my place is tiny I work for two bosses and they're both pricks (most of the time). There's no other employee's so I've to put up with a load of shit from them but I can't vent my frustrations 'til I get home which pisses everyone I know off (well I think I do, maybe they just don't like me...hmmm.)

(oxo) BOOBIES!!!!

I was in Santry (ex Lotus Development) and honestly had a HORRIBLE experience in there. Probably it was because of the people (I was working with the meanest persons ever) but anyway the pressure was amazing, the hours crazy (15/16 hrs a day in quarter end....) and the money crap (15K)

Maybe it's not the same in every position, did you have more luck?

hey alex

i used to work there aswell as a contractor on and off for about 9 months about a year + half ago. when were you there?

it is a shite hole allright, i was working with some of the biggest wankers i ever had the displeasure of meeting
:mad:

Originally posted by 1984
I'm a Graphic Designer, and I like working as one, it's just my place is tiny I work for two bosses and they're both pricks (most of the time). There's no other employee's so I've to put up with a load of shit from them but I can't vent my frustrations 'til I get home which pisses everyone I know off (well I think I do, maybe they just don't like me...hmmm.)

(oxo) BOOBIES!!!!

Do you work in a small place near South Circular road?

Originally posted by hopper

hey alex

i used to work there aswell as a contractor on and off for about 9 months about a year + half ago. when were you there?

it is a shite hole allright, i was working with some of the biggest wankers i ever had the displeasure of meeting
:mad:

I was account assistant in COM and was there from Feb 01 to Mar 02. The worst was that Spanish bitch (Monica F) looking after the Italian market, did you know her?

What were you doing there?

I was account assistant in COM and was there from Feb 01 to Mar 02. The worst was that Spanish bitch (Monica F) looking after the Italian market, did you know her?

What were you doing there?

i was in PD2 localising quickplace and sametime software, amongst other things. didn't know that monica one, they had their fair share of cunts though. and that canteen, all i could eat out of there was chips and gravy, everything else was rat shite

i'm a technical writer for a company that does physics simulation for computer games.

today i am explaining how to make elbows move like elbows.

Originally posted by minka
i'm a technical writer for a company that does physics simulation for computer games.

today i am explaining how to make elbows move like elbows.

How does a samurai sword fit into that?

Originally posted by hopper

i was in PD2 localising quickplace and sametime software, amongst other things. didn't know that monica one, they had their fair share of cunts though. and that canteen, all i could eat out of there was chips and gravy, everything else was rat shite

Things in PD2 were slightly better as far as I know.... I do agree the canteen was feckin' shite. However, NEVER AGAIN!

Now I'm doing the same job working 35 Hrs a week with half the hassle and double money, FUCK IBM, in their face!

How does a samurai sword fit into that?

well, obviously you need a samurai sword to model the more complex elbow movements...

alas, the sword has no official role in work, the man who sits beside me is just very into his martial arts. he also has a disconcerting tendency to somersault up the stairs.

Things in PD2 were slightly better as far as I know.... I do agree the canteen was feckin' shite. However, NEVER AGAIN!

Now I'm doing the same job working 35 Hrs a week with half the hassle and double money, FUCK IBM, in their face!

that place was fuckin awful even when it was just Lotus, then IBM came in and doubled everyone's wanker abilities.

on another note, Minka, is the guy who sits beside you one of those people who keeps on quoting from david carradine's Kung Fu t.v. series? you know 'Grasshopper this, and Master Po that..'
people like that are usually the owners of samurai swords

on another note, Minka, is the guy who sits beside you one of those people who keeps on quoting from david carradine's Kung Fu t.v. series?

no evidence of this as yet.

the worst canteen i have ever experienced was the one in snakybus' workplace. dear god. we used to go away on training courses to other companies and marvel at their canteens, which featured such exotica as salads not made from the day before's leftovers and soup in flavours other than "salt".

I build and maintain Radio staions. It's fun, except for Radiomation, which constantly breaks down, oft prompting the DJ to fly into an On-Air, mouse clicking, sweaty, stuttering frenzy. To fix it, you usually just reboot the computer and everything's ok, but DJs pretend not to be able to turn off and on a computer. That really cocks my shit up that does.
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Speed Racer
I know you NOSE. What happened to all of the blood?.|..|

Me not know you Speed Racer, who hell you, what hell blood you talk about.

Originally posted by minka

the worst canteen i have ever experienced was the one in snakybus' workplace. dear god. we used to go away on training courses to other companies and marvel at their canteens, which featured such exotica as salads not made from the day before's leftovers and soup in flavours other than "salt".

I haven't et in there since like last year when I got a violent dose of Listeria or something.

Originally posted by 1984

I'm a graphic designer too

and I really like the work bit, cause graphic design is quite good fun and stuff

but like you its tne company thats bringing me down, the people, the atmosphere (lack of) and the shit pay

:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back