Do you like your job? (2 Viewers)

As far as I know, cycle couriers have a ball at their jobs. My sister's boyfriend used to be a motorbike courier and loved it until the winters got too much for him.

Only thing is, I think it's quite pressurised. They break traffic lights, cycle the wrong way up one-way streets, so to keep up you might be expected to do likewise.

Also, when it's quiet (if it ever is) you can't spend the day shooting the breeze on thumped.com.

Incidentally, I genuinely enjoy my job.

Originally posted by uncle_meat
Seriously though, Cycle-courier? is it a good work idea or some romantic escape fantasy? Does anybody have any info on this line of work. Sound.

i know a guy who does this.
good things seem to be that he picks his own hours and is super fit

bad things are getting soaked on wet days and having cars treat you like shit. he's had lots of little scrapes, nothing serious so far, although i do remember one of the guys he worked with was hit by a car and was in a coma for ages....

I'm in the wrong job, but the company is sound enough. And I'm unsure about the economy. I feel I'll be staying in the bank for a few years. A new country might be on the cards too.....

Originally posted by joseppi

But what about us?:( I thought we had something really *special*.

Youll regret it and and end up like poor neil

all alone...

Aww, don't worry I'll move on to better things... ;)

Kidding! no I just want to get out of this country even for a little while. I've got a very low paid Job, No girlfriend, Debts up t' me tits, so it seems like the best option for me.

On a different note: _egg is your signature a quote from a Bob Dylan song, one of my fav songs of his

Originally posted by pad
wasn't glen from c40 a courier?

He did it solid for three weeks then the rain, smog and cars got to him. He just didn't bother turning up in the end. Now he works in Waltons on North Frederick Street, he's nearly got his guitar salesman lick down, no one can resist it's beauty!!

Originally posted by 1984
On a different note: _egg is your signature a quote from a Bob Dylan song, one of my fav songs of his

Yep, it's from Tombstone Blues:

John the Baptist after torturing a thief
Looks up at his hero the Commander-in-Chief
Saying, "Tell me great hero, but please make it
brief
Is there a hole for me to get sick in?"
The Commander-in-Chief answers him while chasing a
fly
Saying, "Death to all those who would whimper and
cry"
And dropping a barbel he points to the sky
Saying, "The sun's not yellow - it's chicken"

Sometimes the problem is not the job, rather the company!

I nearly got depressed last year in IBfuckingM... that's the worst company to work for... EVER!!!

And then there's a kind of Darwinian natural selection process on going ;) ...since you must be a son of a bitch to survive there, guess how's the people?!?! I remember my team leader was such a cunt...

Indeed, now I'm doing the same job somewhere else and that's OK (No job is good when you'd want to play music......)

Originally posted by Alex
Sometimes the problem is not the job, rather the company!

I nearly got depressed last year in IBfuckingM... that's the worst company to work for... EVER!!!

And then there's a kind of Darwinian natural selection process on going ;) ...since you must be a son of a bitch to survive there, guess how's the people?!?! I remember my team leader was such a cunt...

Indeed, now I'm doing the same job somewhere else and that's OK (No job is good when you'd want to play music......)

also worked for one soul-destroying year in IBM....

my job fills me with emptyness

I leave work 4 out of 5 days feeling angry and wasted.

I cannot change jobs until I get some debts paid.

this is my life.

on the positive..it pays OK and it's cushy...

just completely unfulfilling

:mad: :mad: :( :eek: !bog

I LOVE my job. I'm a 3D/FX animator. And I'm a man man. This is actually a photo of me on payday with another surprising pay packet. Oh God, there's another one coming soon..........eek!:cool:

Originally posted by herv

no its not.
I was in Santry (ex Lotus Development) and honestly had a HORRIBLE experience in there. Probably it was because of the people (I was working with the meanest persons ever) but anyway the pressure was amazing, the hours crazy (15/16 hrs a day in quarter end....) and the money crap (15K)

Maybe it's not the same in every position, did you have more luck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back