Do you know football ? (1 Viewer)

There's 3 or 4 sitting on 5/7 and waiting for the Inter result, Niallmc, Trev, and Hector Gray are the others I think.

Loooaaads of people are messed up by the Monaco result, practically everyone said Monaco for that. Dunno why, they are good alright but PSV are very good this year. A lot of people went for the Arse too, I for one never thought they would beat Bayern.

My favourite list is Lorcanzo's, second post, two right if Inter win I think!

i dint do bad. gotta say, i went for barca with the heart, though i did think arse might not be shit. shows what i know.

skinnerchinner said:
lfc are gonna win the whole lot
the new alternative to buying the competition is fluking it.

does anyone deserve it any more?

Cormcolash said:
There's 3 or 4 sitting on 5/7 and waiting for the Inter result, Niallmc, Trev, and Hector Gray are the others I think.

Loooaaads of people are messed up by the Monaco result, practically everyone said Monaco for that. Dunno why, they are good alright but PSV are very good this year. A lot of people went for the Arse too, I for one never thought they would beat Bayern.

My favourite list is Lorcanzo's, second post, two right if Inter win I think!

make that 6 outta 8. what do i win? respect on this board would be nice:D

Trev...your prize, dinner with the Hoff !

Hoff%20getz.jpg

I got 5 out of 8 in the end...Who would have thought that Lyon were going to score 27 goals by this stage.

Anyone can win it from here on in, but I still think Bayern are going to win it !

dinner with the hoffmeister....ohhh...where and when?

for a minute i thought you said you think bremen were going to win it.

my heart says liverpool and my head does too! c'mon the reds!

P. Littbarski said:
Trev...your prize, dinner with the Hoff !

Hoff%20getz.jpg

I got 5 out of 8 in the end...Who would have thought that Lyon were going to score 27 goals by this stage.

Anyone can win it from here on in, but I still think Bayern are going to win it !

I know, 27 goals, where the fuck did that come from??? They were shite a couple of months ago too!
I knew Inter would beat Porto. Not only that but yesterday I predicted that Adriano would hit form again at that match. Unfortunately I only said it to my housemate and didn't write it on the net. Shit, I would have looked good then.
I don't think Bayern will win it, but I could definitely see them getting to the final.

Porto are the first Champions League Champions not to make the quarter-final the next year. Guess the refs copped on that they are dirty cheating bastards this season.

Cormcolash said:
I know, 27 goals, where the fuck did that come from??? They were shite a couple of months ago too!
I knew Inter would beat Porto. Not only that but yesterday I predicted that Adriano would hit form again at that match. Unfortunately I only said it to my housemate and didn't write it on the net. Shit, I would have looked good then.
I don't think Bayern will win it, but I could definitely see them getting to the final.

Porto are the first Champions League Champions not to make the quarter-final the next year. Guess the refs copped on that they are dirty cheating bastards this season.

Inter look good. Adriano is something else...absolutely amazing player..but I wonder if Inter could hold their own against one of the other Italian teams...i guess an all italian final is still possible ?

AC beat Inter 1-0 in the Milan derby a couple of weeks ago, and I think Inter do look weak compared to AC and Juve. Inter could only get a 1-1 draw against a Lazio with 10 men (hold on actually that's Inter's regular squad isn't it?) last week, although they did have a perfectly good goal disallowed for a foul on the goalkeeper. No-one was anywhere near the keeper, unlike Chelscums goal against Barca.
Thing is though Adriano wasn't playing against AC, had the disallowed goal against Lazio but didn't make much of an impact, and Martins and Vieri are also out injured right now. With that strike force back playing and on form they definitely pose a threat, indeed in the Milan derby they had a good lot of the possession but lacked the finishing touch up front and never really looked like scoring against the AC defence. I do think the other Italian teams are the most likely to challenge AC this year, but I'll stick with AC as winners for the moment.

Cormcolash said:
I do think the other Italian teams are the most likely to challenge AC this year, but I'll stick with AC as winners for the moment.

Second that dentiment re. Milan.

Do you watch much Spaghetti footy mate? Seem to know your shit.

Well I get Eurosport which is great for the Italian football, they've just got the team Channel 4 used to have. No GOOOOOOLLLL ACCCIIOOO on the titles though unfortunately. I do watch a few matches, but I only really get interested by teams near the top of the table playing matches I must say.

Cormcolash said:
AC beat Inter 1-0 in the Milan derby a couple of weeks ago, and I think Inter do look weak compared to AC and Juve. Inter could only get a 1-1 draw against a Lazio with 10 men (hold on actually that's Inter's regular squad isn't it?) last week, although they did have a perfectly good goal disallowed for a foul on the goalkeeper. No-one was anywhere near the keeper, unlike Chelscums goal against Barca.
Thing is though Adriano wasn't playing against AC, had the disallowed goal against Lazio but didn't make much of an impact, and Martins and Vieri are also out injured right now. With that strike force back playing and on form they definitely pose a threat, indeed in the Milan derby they had a good lot of the possession but lacked the finishing touch up front and never really looked like scoring against the AC defence. I do think the other Italian teams are the most likely to challenge AC this year, but I'll stick with AC as winners for the moment.

Ah shite my joke was meant to be that Lazio play pretty much every match with 10 men as they are a bunch of dirty bastards, stupid brain!

Cormcolash said:
Well I get Eurosport which is great for the Italian football, they've just got the team Channel 4 used to have. No GOOOOOOLLLL ACCCIIOOO on the titles though unfortunately. I do watch a few matches, but I only really get interested by teams near the top of the table playing matches I must say.

Yeah, I miss Eurosport...:( :(

Haven't had a sniff of it since I told Sky to shove their digital up their holes, though Setanta on NTL ain't bad, t'is just a bitch to get at a telly of a Sunday evening round these parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back