Do you know football ? (1 Viewer)

Hector Grey said:
why does everyone think that bremen will beat lyon?
seriously.

It's a really tough one to call. Personally, I go for Bremen because they came top of the German league last year and I reckon the German league is that bit stronger than the French league, and Bremen have looked real fuckin good in the Champions League group stage. Lyon are a great team, but I think once they come up against opposition like this, they won't look as good as they do in the league!

Whats everyone think of the games last night, 2 lucky late away goals, liverpool better not fuck up in the return leg to leverkusen like in 2002, oh oh jerzy dudek.

And easy win for barca tonight, no duff, no robben, probly no drogba, no chance of kezman scoring, chelski are a bit pooped

Con said:
Whats everyone think of the games last night, 2 lucky late away goals, liverpool better not fuck up in the return leg to leverkusen like in 2002, oh oh jerzy dudek.

I think the officials at Real were fucking atrocious.

Countless appaling offside calls against Real, a good call for a peno for them as well. Zidane's dive for the free for the goal was not good. Loads of cynical Italian tackling in the 2nd half (ha! take that fascist Francoist bastards) not punished by bookings yet Gravesen gets done for a nothing challenge and someone else gets done for kicking the ball away.

Juve will be happy enough they only conceeded the one, they've a good chance of overturning that at home.

The Goons were saved by Toure's late goal. To play Bayern at home knowing they couldn't afford to concede AND have to get 3 goals would be too much.

The Pool should go through if they avoid a Birmingham-like performance.

Monaco keeping PSV to 1 goal is also good, still all to play for.

Tonight ManYoo, Barca and Bremen will win, Inter will draw with Porto.

toshack...my oh my what an ape. (toshack still talked about alonso!)
watch welsh football go downhill.

kevin moran... kevin moron.

tv3 have the worst everything when it comes to football.

dudek...please do the right thing and just leave anfield. how many costly mistakes is that? thats the second in that goal at the same side in injury time this season. keepers used to be shot for less.

great to see simcer back and sporting a metal haircut.:D

therecklessone said:
Tonight ManYoo, Barca and Bremen will win, Inter will draw with Porto.

Bastards. ManYoo's tactically inept performance cost me €300 of Paddy Powers money.

I had the Francoists, the Pool, ManYoo and Barca all to win,and Inter-Porto for the draw in a €5 accumulator.

Still, wasn't it great to see that diving cunt Deco throwing himself around the pitch tonight. See that Moaninho? Thats your fault that is!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Cormcolash said:
It's a really tough one to call. Personally, I go for Bremen because they came top of the German league last year and I reckon the German league is that bit stronger than the French league, and Bremen have looked real fuckin good in the Champions League group stage. Lyon are a great team, but I think once they come up against opposition like this, they won't look as good as they do in the league!

Nelson.jpg

My predictions are still good dammit!
Oh it was sooooo fuckin good to watch AC and Barca hammer both the bastards! Man U were made to look utterly shite against AC, and Barca should have had at least 3 against Chelscum, that guy Maxi was fuckin brilliant when he came on! I saw his first match as well, he is one to watch to say the least!
Man U can have no excuses, they were just shite and AC will easily hold on in the next leg I reckon.
Chelscum were shite and yet almost fluked the win. They actually had 0 shots on goal to Barca's 13. As always Duffer was the only shining light for them, Drogba deserved to be sent off (plus he is shite). Barca really really should have had a third goal, they fucked up there, and I also think that wee bastard Deco should have been sent off for the shiteness of that dive. Still it was hilarious to watch Moaninho complaining about it, irony at it's most fuckin splendid!
Werder v Lyon, what the fuck happened to Bremen, they defended like goats? I wouldn't put it beyond them yet, but I can't really see them coming back from that. Once again though Juninho for Lyon with a fuckin amazing free kick, I reckon that guy is currently the best in the world at free-kicks.
Inter should easily beat Porto at home, although Porto were surprisingly good.
Liverpool - Leverkusen will be a great match, I think Liverpool have to be really worried about that away goal, I really think Leverkusen will score two goals so Liverpool will have to get at least one more as well.
Juve should overcome the scum at home, Real are shite and don't have the defence to handle Juve away, could even be a big score for Juve.
I fancy PSV to hold on against Monaco, they are strong defensively.
Bayern should easily tie Arsenal up, they are one of the best defensive sides in Europe in my opinion and I can't see them conceding two goals even to Arsenal.

therecklessone said:
Real Madrid v Juventus - Juventus

Liverpool v Leverkusen - Liverpool

PSV v Monaco - Monaco

Bayern v Arsenal - Bayern

Porto v Internazionale - Inter

Barcelona v Chelsea - Barca

Man. United v Milan - Milan

Bremen v Lyon - Lyon

Of those only Monaco and Barca worry me.

Real's 1 goal lead won't be enough against Juve in Turin.

Liverpool should have it sewn up.

Monaco have a lot of work to do, but avoid conceeding at home and I think they'll do it.

Bayern only need to score at Scumbury and its curtains. Against the might of Lehmann, Traitor Scum, and Toure that should be piss easy.

Inter will demolish Porto at home.

Chelsea will still be a tough prospect for Barca at Stamford Bridge, but good will out methinks, and Barca will fuck them up good and proper.

Milan with an away goal to take home? Game over. :D

Forgot Lyon. 3 away goals? If I were Bremen I wouldn't bother travelling.

Cormcolash said:
I think AC and Real said that last year after their first legs...

Yeah, when they travelled away with a first leg lead? Totally different scenario.

Lyon have 3 away goals, they can lose by two and still go through. But they'll be at home, with their own fans behind them. I'll change my name to thestupidone if Bremen go through, thats a promise.

Cormcolash said:
It's a really tough one to call. Personally, I go for Bremen because they came top of the German league last year and I reckon the German league is that bit stronger than the French league, and Bremen have looked real fuckin good in the Champions League group stage. QUOTE]

ha ha ha ha

i think you should change your name to thestupidone for the above:D

Right so far I got:

AC
Bayern
Juve
PSV

Waiting on Inter. If I get over 50% at least that's something!

Lyon are obviously a faaaar better team than I gave them credit for. In saying that, Werder's defence was a complete and utter joke in both games against them, I have rarely seen a sloppier defense playing in Europe, fuck knows how they ever won the Bundesliga last year! They're even near the top this year and everything, fuck sake!
Liverpool played absolutely brilliantly against Leverkusen and fully deserved the win. Leverkusen were shite really, both teams basically played the exact reverse of how they seem to play in their respective leagues, i.e Liverpool were actually good! Well, I suppose Leverkusen aren't doing as well as you would expect them to do in the league right enough.
Chelsea are cheating scummy fuckers.

Also, the Inter - Porto match is next week, they obviously couldn't play it in the San Siro the same night as the AC match!

My current favourite for the Champs League is of course AC. But I reckon Juve, Bayern, and maybe Inter will have a good challenge for it. I am writing off Chelsea because their cheating ways will not work forever, whilst Liverpool, PSV, and Lyon I don't think are good enough for it. I won't write them off however, as they are not cheating scum like Chelsea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back