Do single women still exist?? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to not go out on saturday nights. Saturday nights are like that. I find Friday's to be good nights for wholesome, sophisticated ridin' with strangers.

Hope this helps.

He was out friday night, I was there. There were nice ladies out last night too.

Ah, lads, seriously. If you wanna find a nice lady, watch brat pack movies and follow the leads of John Cusack and whatshisface Ducky from Pretty In Pink. The dork usually ends up with a really lovely lady because nice ladies love goofy dudes.

And Saturday nights are fucking grim at the best of times. I'm telling ye, Halloween parties are the absolute best place to meet someone because you can tell a lot about a person by the costume they choose as well as how they respond to other people's costumes. There's also an instant conversation starter in being at a costume party.

Also, if you're really desperate, you can try what some lads did a few years ago, which I would not recommend. They went as the Three Musketeers, and two of the fellas were lovely and stuff, and one of the Musketeers was going around groping ladies. Problem was, you'd get a grope and you couldn't figure out which Musketeer was responsible, and you didn't want to give out to the wrong one because the others were such lovely dudes. So the cheeky fucker got away with it!

You having a Halloween party this year? Are we invited?

It's my friend's party! But if I did organise a Halloween party, EVERYONE would be invited.

I'll find one, I'm gonna start thinking of a costume, maybe get a ghetto blaster ala that dude in that film I haven't seen.

i'll believe that when i see it.

i'm like that. my friends are like that, we just want t have some flirty fun with a guy for a while then move on. The main reason I am like that is because I plan to travel for a few years and don't want to be held back by a guy wanting a relationship a house and all that goes with that.Many guys my age are like that, well the ones I have met anyway.But sometimes from my experience I think some guys can confuse a girls wanting to be treated with respect with wanting a relationship..

Brian, I'm sorry but I'm simply right.

"you make it sound like you are looking at them in a zoo!"

What do you want me to do?? Refer to everyone by name? Reassure you that they have feelings? You know that they're ordinary people, why would I need to point it out??

"seriously, i know more than a few gay men personally who are principally attracted to very overweight balding older men: not conventionally attractive men by any means."

So? I never said that gay guys find other guys attractive according to your standards or the standards of convention, I said they are VISUALLY attracted to other guys. If that means bald heads, fat bellies, hairy backs and drooling lips then that's their decision. It's still VISUAL. Lesbians aren't visual. Imagine it this way, gays are like hawks and stalk prey with eyeballs, whereas lesbians are bats and stalk with ears/sonar.

"so women wear make up and groom because they want to attract guys? it's far more than that. and straight men dont groom or care for their appearance? rubbish."
Do you think women wear make-up so that they sound good? Women principaly wear make-up to attract the opposite sex. Look up www.psychology.com if you don't believe me. They are born into a culture where that is the norm and believe that it makes them prettier. If a girl already has a boyfriend and wears make up it's because she wants to look her best for him, hold onto him and to ward of other competition. If she is out with her friends, it's to show off how good she can look or to patch up problems with how she looks. I don't know how you can disagree with this. Guys are attracted by what they see.

"bollocks (ho ho!). for many straight men it's more than breasts (and what kind? shape? etc) that get them aroused, it's far more about the totallity. and if you think all straight women find the male genitalia sickening, then you must not know many women that well."

Yeah it can also be legs, arses, gees, necks, hair etc. All sorts of visual stuff. Guys can like other stuff afterwards, but it's not generaly important. Maybe she's kind or caring but lads don't give a fuck, they really make up their mind when they first see a girl naked. Anything else after that is superficial. Girls don't like shrivelled up pieces of skin like balls and dicks. Even a proud erection looks a little horrible to girls. The odd one might find it a turn on, but mostly they'd prefer if a penis looked like a flower maybe. And I know loads of women, stop trying to sneak little stabs into this! Ok, you know loads of women - everyone rep this guy up to his neck!! He's a stud!!

"that's a fairly weak cop-out. if you really meant "some" rather than "all" you would say so."

It's not a cop-out. I did say it. I didn't change my mind or anything. Get ova it.

(edited for choice moments of mind-boggling sillyness) Brian, I'm sorry but I'm simply right.

gays are like hawks and stalk prey with eyeballs, whereas lesbians are bats and stalk with ears/sonar.

Look up www.psychology.com if you don't believe me.

And I know loads of women, stop trying to sneak little stabs into this! Ok, you know loads of women - everyone rep this guy up to his neck!! He's a stud!!

i'm not going to argue with you any further. but do not mistake this for a concession towards you on my part in any way. i disagree absolutely with everything you say, being as they are sentiments entirely divorced from reality, but handily enough for me, you have decended far into self-rightious self-parody. it's unclear whether you tend towards insanity or bigotry regarding this subject, either way rational argument on my part appears to be utterly futile.

Yes!! Victory as sweet as the choicest claret!

Look, I know you're going to say that you're not arguing any more because my points are so "silly". But I know it's because you can't find a way to counter my point of view! That's what happens in all good arguments, the points are boiled away until finally the truth is revealed.

Brian, I'm sorry but I'm simply right.

"you make it sound like you are looking at them in a zoo!"

What do you want me to do?? Refer to everyone by name? Reassure you that they have feelings? You know that they're ordinary people, why would I need to point it out??

"seriously, i know more than a few gay men personally who are principally attracted to very overweight balding older men: not conventionally attractive men by any means."

So? I never said that gay guys find other guys attractive according to your standards or the standards of convention, I said they are VISUALLY attracted to other guys. If that means bald heads, fat bellies, hairy backs and drooling lips then that's their decision. It's still VISUAL. Lesbians aren't visual. Imagine it this way, gays are like hawks and stalk prey with eyeballs, whereas lesbians are bats and stalk with ears/sonar.

"so women wear make up and groom because they want to attract guys? it's far more than that. and straight men dont groom or care for their appearance? rubbish."
Do you think women wear make-up so that they sound good? Women principaly wear make-up to attract the opposite sex. Look up www.psychology.com if you don't believe me. They are born into a culture where that is the norm and believe that it makes them prettier. If a girl already has a boyfriend and wears make up it's because she wants to look her best for him, hold onto him and to ward of other competition. If she is out with her friends, it's to show off how good she can look or to patch up problems with how she looks. I don't know how you can disagree with this. Guys are attracted by what they see.

"bollocks (ho ho!). for many straight men it's more than breasts (and what kind? shape? etc) that get them aroused, it's far more about the totallity. and if you think all straight women find the male genitalia sickening, then you must not know many women that well."

Yeah it can also be legs, arses, gees, necks, hair etc. All sorts of visual stuff. Guys can like other stuff afterwards, but it's not generaly important. Maybe she's kind or caring but lads don't give a fuck, they really make up their mind when they first see a girl naked. Anything else after that is superficial. Girls don't like shrivelled up pieces of skin like balls and dicks. Even a proud erection looks a little horrible to girls. The odd one might find it a turn on, but mostly they'd prefer if a penis looked like a flower maybe. And I know loads of women, stop trying to sneak little stabs into this! Ok, you know loads of women - everyone rep this guy up to his neck!! He's a stud!!

"that's a fairly weak cop-out. if you really meant "some" rather than "all" you would say so."

It's not a cop-out. I did say it. I didn't change my mind or anything. Get ova it.

!zed

When I was about 20, I kissed a boy who looked just like him. He was super shy but such a sweetheart. The whole thing never went anywhere, but he was lovely. And then later on I found out that I was his very first kiss.

oo-er, I swear i'd kissed people by the time I was 20. Anyway, it totally was because girls had shit taste in men. He was obviously deadly and you recognised that

As for costume parties, I met Mr Jane at one. I was dressed as such a hideous beast and he thought it was the most hilarious thing ever. I adore costume parties.
thumped costume party must happen.

The best costume ever is Fred Schneider's stage look in 1979 which was apparently based on a halloween party that he went dressed as a 'hangover' to

Thumped Halloween party sounds cool or just a costumed Christmas party.

Jane, you've got some stiff tough competition.

hope that helps everyone. beware of too much cocky/funny behaviour.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
one is very helpful.

"have you ever noticed how some guys are able to meet and attract women without having good looks or a lot of money? well these men know the importance of cultivating the right kind of personality which makes women attracted to them".

There are plenty of single ladies out there. The tricky part is having the courage to talk to them without lots of alcohol. There is a very fine line with regard to a drink for a boost and the one that ruins it.

I smile and say hello to strangers on the street everyday and get confused looks back. Perhaps it goes back to it being very insular here and not many talk to those outside their group. I just find it odd. How the hell does anyone meet anyone else here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back