djs are shit (1 Viewer)

Sometimes you get that wonderful mix of musician and DJ. I have seen people playing decks like an instrument, using all the EQs, faders, constantly blending tunes and working it. When done well this can rival any guitar solo or regular band for immediacy, fun and musical communication. DJs that can do this are few and far between tho.

Speaking as a pro dj of the lowest common denominator school i can heartily agree with a lot of this thread.

So much so that I may have to get new business cards.

Dj.Gaz Le Rock...The Lowest Common Dominator.

w00t!

Sometimes you get that wonderful mix of musician and DJ. I have seen people playing decks like an instrument, using all the EQs, faders, constantly blending tunes and working it. When done well this can rival any guitar solo or regular band for immediacy, fun and musical communication. DJs that can do this are few and far between tho.

I only play the platters that matter myself.

the whole djing thing is on a continuum. it's easy to say the feen down the pub playing CDs or mp3s on his laptop doesn't have to have a whole lot of skillz (except for you gaz). it takes a similar amount of brain power to write a rubbish article where your attempts at humour miss the mark instead of having a good ole look at what djs do. it's like writing a 'satirical' article on why cover bands or local bands or x factor is shit. Who cares like. I certainly couldn't give a fuck anyway.

yup. recently saw someone djing along with a dude playing bass and guitar in cork. loadsa improv from the musician and scratching/effects/mixing from the dj, worked really well. nice one on the ron hardy links too.

will be checking that out in due course,

whats that old documentary thats black and white about some people who made the doctor who theme. they were nearly dj's.

Was that the BBC Radiophonic workshop with all the synths?

Sir Jimmy Saville invented Djing.

Now then,now then,now then.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

PJs are deadly

snowman_pyjamas_daisy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back