djs are shit (2 Viewers)

Does anyone have the link to that blog which is dedicated to exposing fake DJs? It's funny as fuck, pausing video to show the laptop iTunes etc. Can't seem to locate it easily.

bleh. i don't get that kind of writing..trying to be sarcastic for the sake of winding up a group of people who'll over react easily. anytime i read something like that i just think what a spa. as for the spas gettin wound up over it...the comments on the newer article are hilarious.

bleh. i don't get that kind of writing..trying to be sarcastic for the sake of winding up a group of people who'll over react easily. anytime i read something like that i just think what a spa. as for the spas gettin wound up over it...the comments on the newer article are hilarious.

yeah, satirical writing should be totally be banned.

can we just keep this thread about shit dj's?

can we just keep this thread about shit dj's?

you're doing a good job at keeping up with the sarcastic quips in this thread though ;)

the art/lack of art in djing is a pretty regular topic of conversation amongst my friends, loads of whom play tunes. I know I'm a snob about it. it's easier to be sarcastic (including myself in that) than have a genuine discussion bout something,especially on thumped.. but ya.would genuinely be interested to know what people think about the whole thing

i would agree with the first article to be honest, satire or no satire, like he's mainly talking about bar/shit club dj's that just string a few songs together, which is hardly rocket science. even lots of "proper" dj's are lazy cunts that make no effort to mix.

Playing a record isn't that difficult, same as strumming a few chords on a guitar isn't that difficult. Choosing the right records to play and the right order to play them is a whole different story. That said a dj is not a musician and comparing them is like the proverbial apples and oranges comparison.

edit also what froog said, lowest common denominator shite will always be lowest common denominator shite and a shit dj playing shit music is just that, a shit dj playing shit music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back