DIY Guitar Messing About (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 55K
  • Watchers 4
'your amp goes to eleven? Well, let me tell you about this guitar...'

how it worked originally was intriguing - adjusting it raised or lowered a small screw, that pushed against an armature, that adjusted the diameter of rotation of one of these, which controlled the speed of the clockwork motor that ran the turntable

All wooden bits finished. I might knock the ultra-high gloss of the body down a bit to more of a sheen with some steel wool.. the combination of high gloss and dark colour is unforgiving with any blems, and I seemed to pick up way more dust that usual. Looking good though I reckon..
IMG_7240.jpeg

JR, what scale length have you used for your tenor guitars? i see the fender tenor teles are 22 or 23", so not as far off a standard scale length as i'd imagined?
i think i've assembled the wood for what may be a les paul style tenor, but not sure i want to go as small as this:

JR, what scale length have you used for your tenor guitars? i see the fender tenor teles are 22 or 23", so not as far off a standard scale length as i'd imagined?
i think i've assembled the wood for what may be a les paul style tenor, but not sure i want to go as small as this:

Difference is a tenor guitar vs a tenor uke.

Tenor guitars are in the range of 21-23’’(essentially same as tenor banjo) tenor uke 17’’ or so. The 17” will work at the cdga tenor tuning - but will be a bit floppy.

For two of them I’ve gone 23’’, were to do it again I’d make a 22’’ - as I was tuning them to cgda a little less tension on the strings would be nice. One practical reason to go for a longer scale length is you’ve more tolerance when you’re slotting the fretboard (which I presume you’ll be doing yourself).

One thing about the narrower fretboard for 4 strings is you really don’t have to worry about radiusing it - it makes very little difference to playability unless you’ve a very extreme/small radius

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back