DIY Guitar Messing About (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 55K
  • Watchers 4
i got a 20-something mm thick piece of maple to use for the top of the body; not highly figured, alas, but i do know someone with a bandsaw which should have a resaw capacity of six inches; so i'll resaw it and bookmatch it hopefully.

i was given that maple by that lad i know in north county dublin, he's got a sizable collection of wood. he gave me a 30 inch length (about an inch thick and 7 wide) from a plank probably 12 foot long. he's got many cubic metres of wood there of all sorts.

yep, i'm considering a curved top - just rechecked the maple i have, 27mm thick.
allowing for a bodge job resawing, i'm hoping to still have a 10mm+ thick top to shape.

yep, i'm considering a curved top - just rechecked the maple i have, 27mm thick.
allowing for a bodge job resawing, i'm hoping to still have a 10mm+ thick top to shape.

fair play!
I've seen guys online effectively create a series of gradient templates for a router and then sand it out.

depending on how defined you want the profile you might get a lot of it done with the rasp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back