DIY Guitar Messing About (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 51K
  • Watchers 4
Mine has that big spring thing going on. The depth stop is the best way to finesse the depth of the cut.

Oh i know - i just look at those anti depressant filled americans on youtube and envy their fine adjustments.
I'm looking at router tables anywhooo at this stage in a bit to make all that a past life.

one of the lads at one of the woodturning meetings was recently giving away a flush cutter head for a spindle moulder. another lad who cut his teeth working in a joiners/cabinet makers was saying any time he was tasked with using one, it actually made him feel sick.
another lad commented that his sister was an A&E nurse and the only piece of woodworking equipment she knew by name was a spindle moulder.

think of a router bit, but instead of half an inch across, it's probably six or more inches.

one of the lads at one of the woodturning meetings was recently giving away a flush cutter head for a spindle moulder. another lad who cut his teeth working in a joiners/cabinet makers was saying any time he was tasked with using one, it actually made him feel sick.
another lad commented that his sister was an A&E nurse and the only piece of woodworking equipment she knew by name was a spindle moulder.

think of a router bit, but instead of half an inch across, it's probably six or more inches.

yeah - my dad trained as a joiner with my maternal grandfather (1970s primary school teacher level of free time allowed this), and he said it was the one piece of equipment in the workshop that even my granddad (trained on 1930s ideas of health and safety) was wary of

Progress. Looking like a neck. Peg holes tore out a bit at the front, but the washers will cover them. Typically the back is almost perfect. I’ve found the maple a bit inclined to tear in general.. but maybe that’s just me.
@magicbastarder - any wood ninja tricks for getting blade scorch marks of maple? (Bar lots of sanding)
IMG_6679.jpeg IMG_6680.jpeg IMG_6678.jpeg IMG_6678.jpeg

on another note, what sort of planes do you use? i had it in my head you'd a bailry plane, but looking back about ten pages, i see a block plane in your photos?

arse. what are the options? drill it out? strings haven't been changed in years, so i suspect that's a factor.

this could happen to the rest of the pegs too... PXL_20240212_230438615.jpg

arse. what are the options? drill it out? strings haven't been changed in years, so i suspect that's a factor.

this could happen to the rest of the pegs too...View attachment 18168
One of these screw extractor kits might be suitable?

apparently one option would be to remove the other strings and push it out from inside the body. i'll try that later.

Yeah pull string out from inside and then push the peg out from same side/underneath, something flat is good for the pushing. Might need a few hammer-like taps.

Nicest neck I’ve made so far I think. Certainly nicest headstock.
I was going to make a set neck, but ultimately made a bolt on as I’m going to go for a clearish/naturalish finish on the neck as it’s a very nice piece of timber! IMG_6692.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6691.jpeg
    IMG_6691.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Emerging. Enough jigsaw torture for one eveningView attachment 18201

If you are doing that with a jigsaw every now and then run the jigsaw in air for a bit and it'll cook it self to death a bit slower - the warmest a tool gets is after you switch it off, when the cooling mechanism has stopped but the heat in the metal remains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back