DIY Guitar Messing About (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 54K
  • Watchers 4
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The second guys method is lovely though the jig build woulda been better (its probably online i'm not going to look)

I do have some scepticism about him having a super ser in wood shop, and storing his rubbish bag next to it. (just after 7.10).

The second guys method is lovely though the jig build woulda been better (its probably online i'm not going to look)

I do have some scepticism about him having a super ser in wood shop, and storing his rubbish bag next to it. (just after 7.10).

He mentions he has the jig build in another video alright

I actually did start to make a jig tonight. Decided that if it's going to take ten days say to order a block, or that I'd know within a couple of days that a jig will work, I'll try the jig.

Has anyone got a cool spice rack they wanna show me?

I'm finally through project soup far enough to turn my attention to this one.

It's a limited space and I'll be using pine or Poplar because I have dead ones of those already. Gloss white and Matt black are in the mix already too.

It'll be very prominent in the kitchen so I wanna check under the relevant rocks a bit before I settle on a design.

Has anyone got a cool spice rack they wanna show me?

I'm finally through project soup far enough to turn my attention to this one.

It's a limited space and I'll be using pine or Poplar because I have dead ones of those already. Gloss white and Matt black are in the mix already too.

It'll be very prominent in the kitchen so I wanna check under the relevant rocks a bit before I settle on a design.
Take it to the ‘Diy spice rack messing about’ thread

jig made, and i decided to run a piece through before final assembly, to make sure there were no pieces fouling on other pieces; and the result is firewood. but i know one major source of error; the wood the router is sitting on has two 45 degree pieces to steady it, which i did not attach yet. so the flat piece it's sitting on can flex, especially as i have to reach around the router for the power button, and was leaning on it, so that was going to bounce like a bastard. will try again tomorrow with everything tightened up. gone past ten now, don't want to piss off the neighbours.

PXL_20230816_210749461.jpg

PXL_20230816_210759003.jpg

well, this is a lot better - i found there's a little too much play in the jig to swing the router back and forth, back and forth, as you slowly feed the piece through - so what i did was tightened up the swing, so that was stiffer, held it there, and fed the piece fully through, incremented the swing, fed the piece fully through, etc.
so it was a single swing of the pendulum for the entire cut. might glue up a long piece tonight (30cm+) and do that in the morrow.

also found another source of inaccuracy - a knot in the track i was sliding the wood along had managed to stand proud by probably close to 1mm which was leading to inconsistency.

PXL_20230817_162853173.jpg

Last edited:
have you tried guitars & woods? they seem to be based in portugal.

They’ve nice stuff - but it’s the thin sheet material I need. Trying another supplier in Uk.. after that it’s buying in bulk from a guy in France, or trying something entirely different!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back