Digital Camera Appeal (1 Viewer)

binky

Website
www.thejimmycake.org
Hi folks,
I'm working in a drugs/homeless service and among many other things we are running a day programme for people attempting to stabilise their drug use with a view to getting into treatment, sort out their acommodation issues and one day getting back to work. That's a phenomenally simplistic summary, but it's basically the nub of our mission statement.

Anyhoo, as well as doing work around literacy, numeracy, art therapy, computers, basic living skills as well as workshops around relapse prevention, communication, esteem building and the like, we'd like to do something around photography - basically taking a photo or two and building and decorating a frame that people can take home and put on their wall. This is a good thing for many reasons, not least because there is something solid they can take away that they have made themselves and, if relapse does occur, it's on their wall at home to remind them that there is somewhere they can go to get help again should they decide they need it.

Problem is there's the issue of funding, or lack thereof.

I am wondering if anyone has digital cameras they no longer use that they'd be into donating; also, if anyone can recommend freeware that would be good for taking pics off a camera and editing for print - my knowledge around this stuff is clearly dazzling no?

In any case, PM me if you can be of help.

Many thanks,
John.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back