Depression [Aware Helpline 1890 303 302] (1 Viewer)

i had an amazingly real dream last night that i was shot my next door neighbours daughter (she had her debs last night which would explain the reason for her being in my dream)
she was dressed up as someone else though, wearing a mask to look like one of my friends (who i havnt really spoken to in ages nor do i really want to speak to)
she shot me in the head but i was really happy she did cause that way i could just breeze through life and not have to worry.
ive been having a bit of a shite patch since i got back from electric picnic, (things of my own causing) but its something thats just there and i have to accept.
its fucked up how you're brain interprets things.

That’s key. And how you view things. Try and make something positive from the badness.

Like this example (Turn away if you’re prudish
And please note I didn’t say it):

One of my mates was talking about someone’s “girl-smell”. So another mate turns around and says, “It’s how you interpret things in life. Turn it around. She probably smells that way cos she was having a big sweaty wank earlier.”

I know it’s a bit facetious, but it had a great effect on me, as it a) made me laugh and b) helped me to think that way in general.*

It’s a good skill to have.

*To see the positive side; not to think about girls wanking.

Stephen Fry is on the telly tonight (BBC2 at 9pm), talking about his manic depression, if anyone's interested.

Remember when he fucked off to France on what everyone thought was a suicide run? Think he talks about that too.

Stephen Fry is on the telly tonight (BBC2 at 9pm), talking about his manic depression, if anyone's interested.

Remember when he fucked off to France on what everyone thought was a suicide run? Think he talks about that too.

this was excellent. looked into a lot of issues involving manic depression he didnt talk about the old trip to france i think (i missed the first 10 mins or so), but the next part is on next week so it might be on then. some sad sad stories, but also a great insight into his own depression and how he deals with it.

this was excellent. looked into a lot of issues involving manic depression he didnt talk about the old trip to france i think (i missed the first 10 mins or so), but the next part is on next week so it might be on then. some sad sad stories, but also a great insight into his own depression and how he deals with it.

Incredibly I managed to miss this. I hope I can get it on the web.

Must check to see if it's repeated on Beeb3 or 4.

i completely forgot to record this programme..glad it was good..

this is probably way too expensive for majority but theres going to be a 'healing depression' conference in dublin 21st October- its €95 because theres big named speakers at it- basically its open to everyone - and its an attack on how mental health services in ireland are run/funded etc ..

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/1806

i cant get any other info on it other than whats on ticketmaster..

Great stuff.

How does one become a member of UKNOVA?

Its free to sign up but most of the time its full. Members are kicked off for not sharing torrents which then allows new people to sign up.

Make it your homepage and you should be able to sign up in a few days. Well worth it.

Hey pete, whats your uknova ratio like? I think i'm in the danger zone.

UKNova ratio is .914, which isn't too bad i suppose.

http://thumped.com/filezzz/sf/

69mb WMV of that show will be up there in about 15 minutes.

Ratio: 0.352 Uploaded: 19.84 GB Downloaded: 56.41 GB

I'd imagine your 2mb upload helps. The news that ntl now consider down and up traffic as overall usage comes as bad news for me.

Ntl have quickly gone from possibly the best ISP to the worst.

Started that documentary on the bus this morning; have yet to see the end (the difference is getting the bus after the schoolkids, let me tell you).

I think Carrie Fisher even scared poor Fryer.

Even though I'm not bipolar, it's still damned interesting to watch. Okay, it's not very detailed and glosses over a bit, but it's great to see it in so public a forum with so many famous people who suffer helping to de-stigmatise the thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back