Depression [Aware Helpline 1890 303 302] (1 Viewer)

Ah being on tricyclics doesn't make you a mentaller :). They're not stronger than SSRIs - just more old school and useful for people who don't respond to SSRIs. SSRIs are more commonly prescribed cos they allegedly have fewer side effects.
that's exactly what a mentaller would say.

man. we need some universal signal for "i can barely make words come out right now, and if i look like i'm being an unsympathetic asshole, it's because i'm going to fall apart once i'm finished trying to console you". or a shorter phrase at least.

man. we need some universal signal for "i can barely make words come out right now, and if i look like i'm being an unsympathetic asshole, it's because i'm going to fall apart once i'm finished trying to console you". or a shorter phrase at least.

"Leave me the fuck alone I've got my own shit" is pretty effective.

hola folks, a long time since ive logged on but cant believe this thread is still going, im thrilled. hope all of ye are doing ok and im on good road to recovery. life definitely gets better with help from family and friends so keep those chins up
snu
x

hola folks, a long time since ive logged on but cant believe this thread is still going, im thrilled. hope all of ye are doing ok and im on good road to recovery. life definitely gets better with help from family and friends so keep those chins up
snu
x

.|..|fair play dude.|..|

Say the worst, most unimaginable thing ever, happened to you recently and you stopped taking your medication?

Would that be a very bad thing?

Say the worst, most unimaginable thing ever, happened to you recently and you stopped taking your medication?

Would that be a very bad thing?

Not necessarily, but it's not a good idea.

When you're on meds, you really do need to come off them gradually.

The most important thing though is to go and talk to your Doctor. Seriously, don't take this lightly.

Can someone just walk into a hospital, say they're severely suicidal and ask to be sedated? Would they do that?

Wow...

This is a really long thread.

I'm still waiting for my 'urgent' referral to psych ward at the hospital. Been poring over Icarus Project zines whenever I have the strength to read. They feel I'm bipolar but whenever I come across the words 'cyclothymia' I feel a chord of relief and complete recognition resonate inside me.

Does anyone here know what it's like to have to deal with manic depression as a parent of a young child? I believe that it's a blessing in some awful way. She's the only reason I can get up in the mornings.

It's nice to know there's a lot of you out there.
x v

standing-waves-on-floor.jpg

hey, this may have been covered but I don't have time right now to trawl through the whole thread...but does anyone have any herbal/natural alternatives to anti-depressants that they would recommend? I stopped taking mine as I don't feel comfortable being chemically dependant anymore and am pretty happy to try and cope without anything but am going through a really rough time right now and could probably use something to help with the anxiety/depression. st.john's wort not being available over the counter here (along with most other proven herbal anti-depressants) is there anything out there that is as good? any feedback appreciated, thanks xxx

MoreEPA. Or VegEPA (I think it's called) if you don't eat meat. You need to take two of the tablets a day for the first three months - I think it's 1000mg per tablet) then go down to the recommended one tablet a day after that. Worked for me.

Do a search on teh net re EPA's and how they can help depression. I know I talked about them somewhere before on this thread too.

'They' say a banana every day keeps the depression away. Not to mention, 20 minutes of exercise each day does the same as taking prescription drugs in the brain. Granted, if you are depressed you're probably not going to exercise.

doesn't work...trust me. to be fair exercise does lift your mood and it absolutely helps for mild depression and low moods...this is a little more than that though.

will start the morEPA, I know omega 3, Zinc and B complex all help in the long run...as a more short-term measure though, something to help curb panic attacks etc, do things like kalms work? i've heard they don't really do much.

cheers for the suggestions though xxx

doesn't work...trust me. to be fair exercise does lift your mood and it absolutely helps for mild depression and low moods...this is a little more than that though.

will start the morEPA, I know omega 3, Zinc and B complex all help in the long run...as a more short-term measure though, something to help curb panic attacks etc, do things like kalms work? i've heard they don't really do much.

cheers for the suggestions though xxx

Regular exercise most definitely helps. It's hard to get into it though but when you do the benefits are fairly rapid.

Regular exercise most definitely helps. It's hard to get into it though but when you do the benefits are fairly rapid.

hmmm i would have been exercising fairly regularly through some bad times and not really felt a difference...maybe that's just me though.

meh i'll try anything. i really don't want to have to medicate again...dealing with the side effects when coming off was enough to convince me that there was stuff going in to my body that i wasn't comfortable with. that's a completely personal choice though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back