Deftones (1 Viewer)

brianoak

They are releasing a b-sides and raities cd/dvd.Should be amazing they have done really good duran duran,depeche mode and weezer covers and loads of one-offs that never made any of the records.

I for one embrace this release.|..|

I think they must have covered nearly every Weezer song from the first two albums. Don't care about the Deftones now though.

I think they got better after the first two.Not that they weren't good or anything.
tim said:
I think they must have covered nearly every Weezer song from the first two albums. Don't care about the Deftones now though.

brian/heathons said:
I think they got better after the first two.

i concur! I like adrenalin, was never too sure about around the fur though. Those Deftones live weezer covers are actually the worst things i've ever heard played by any band ever ever ever. Their cover of Sinatra was good though

i concur,

only heard say it aint so and tired of sex versions but they were bloody awful.

think be quiet and drive is fucking great though, and the deftones are easily the best of all "those" bands.

Chino? is mad into Pinback aswell i read somewhere so maybe he's a Dudley fan now too.......now theres a thought Deftones do Hazel Eyes

I fucking hate the Deftones because they steadfastedly refuse to play a show in this country. And they've been in the UK/Europe enough fucking times since their last appearance here.

Still, Adrenaline, Around The Fur and White Pony were all .|..|

The last one was !bog

Team Sleep is :cool:

Chino is !baggyyyy

therecklessone said:
I fucking hate the Deftones because they steadfastedly refuse to play a show in this country. And they've been in the UK/Europe enough fucking times since their last appearance here.

Still, Adrenaline, Around The Fur and White Pony were all .|..|

The last one was !bog

Team Sleep is :cool:

Chino is !baggyyyy

i heard they were offered gigs here,(the tour for white pony) but their fee is so much it would make a serious loss for promoters.

i used to really like the deftones and then i started to forget about them.
all i can say is that they better not fuck with depeche mode. if you're gonna do it right, do it kruder and dorfmeister stylee. otherwise, leave dave gahan's lovely sexiness alone!

their Cure cover at the mtv 'an evening with the cure' type thing was good, a cracking version of 'if only tonight i could sleep' i think, or something from 'kiss me..'

ja this is right, isn't rob crow appearing on the new album or something? In anyways I always forget about the deftones too, until I hear them and think 'yes, yes I like you a lot', and then instantly forget about them again.

Niall I sincerely hope you are not insinuating what I think you are by those bands.They covered "the chauffeur" and it was amazing.Such a shame they are constantly lumped in with Korn et al because of the time they came out.
Hand on heart one of my favourite bands of all time.
clonan attack said:
i concur,

only heard say it aint so and tired of sex versions but they were bloody awful.

think be quiet and drive is fucking great though, and the deftones are easily the best of all "those" bands.

Chino? is mad into Pinback aswell i read somewhere so maybe he's a Dudley fan now too.......now theres a thought Deftones do Hazel Eyes

well by the very fact you knew what i was talkin bout, validates my point,

fair nuff they dont sound like those bands and have more talent in their bell-ends but nevertheless they were lumped in with Korn, Machinehead, etc...

thems the rules of the media, everyone is part of a movement, you cant just exist it would seem

"But I just want to live
Dont really care about the things that they say"
Now theres a band ;)
clonan attack said:
well by the very fact you knew what i was talkin bout, validates my point,

fair nuff they dont sound like those bands and have more talent in their bell-ends but nevertheless they were lumped in with Korn, Machinehead, etc...

thems the rules of the media, everyone is part of a movement, you cant just exist it would seem

By far the best drum sound on any album ive ever heard has to be "white pony". Deftones are a breath of fresh air and of all "those" bands from the 90's they are still staying fresh and original. The last album had a few crackers on it that were well worth the price! "Around the fur is the one for me though"!

.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|
deftones_titre.gif
.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|

therecklessone said:

*sigh*
I'll miss the SFX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back