Definitely not a Betty Windsor thread (4 Viewers)

Also

Gotta be one of the biggest SEO wars in a while.

The plucky govt funded beeb and a few english and irish mouthpieces rolling out all sorts of ahistorical hagiography vs bloggers and indies and etc etc trying to keep it remotely grounded in reality.

They really don't like democracy, do they

It is fucking MAD that you get a new head of state imposed on you, and you're happy about it

But they happily call themselves 'subjects', so who knows how it works in their head?

We are actually too close to them to fully understand them
If this was Kharkistan or Japonesia or whatever, you'd get a better bead on it.

We're too used to seeing them doing this stupid shit

But they happily call themselves 'subjects', so who knows how it works in their head?
AFAIK the subject thing was done away with for the most part in the 80s.

I was over there last week, I found out when I was in an Indian restaurant waiting to pick up a takeaway.

Went to Oxford on Friday and despite years of thinking "they'll lose their shit when she dies" I was taken by how normal it seemed. A city going about it's day.

Asmolean museum is really good BTW, I'd go back to Oxford to spend a whole day there.

I was over there last week, I found out when I was in an Indian restaurant waiting to pick up a takeaway.

Went to Oxford on Friday and despite years of thinking "they'll lose their shit when she dies" I was taken by how normal it seemed. A city going about it's day.

Asmolean museum is really good BTW, I'd go back to Oxford to spend a whole day there.
I used to go to Oxford for 1-2 weeks at a time a few times a year for work and I loved it. The high academic vibe was somewhere between impressive and hilarious but generally found the university staff and students to be pretty grounded. Obviously, it’s no TCD but they do what they can with what they have.

The only ones losing their shit are the bbc and the tory media. Everyone else is a bit like, well yeah she was 96.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

there's a video of the interaction a couple of tweets under that.

Last edited:
I wonder is the mourning a bit long and will even the people with queen crockery tea sets get a wee bit tired of it all. 17 days is more of a global statment than anything you'd actually want to do

I wonder is the mourning a bit long and will even the people with queen crockery tea sets get a wee bit tired of it all. 17 days is more of a global statment than anything you'd actually want to do
nah I think the 17 days is cos one of the monarchs came back to life after that long before and they're hoping lizzy does too

yeah, so the American company I work for sent out their 'aw the poor queen' email and said that 'affected' countries were being given a day off on monday. They included Ireland in the list of countries and, despite it being a free day off, we were livid. So I decided to e-mail HR with a few home truths, but didn't I only go and e-mail the whole fucking company.

I'm glad I did. I received several private messages from people thanking and congratulating me for standing up as I did.

Its fucking hilarious

An English Facebook friend boasting about he's been enjoying unfriending people who said mean things about his Queen. I saved him the bother and unfriended him. What a stupid time to be alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back