Definitely not a Betty Windsor thread (2 Viewers)

and it's funny, lots of right on people who are like "down with foodbanks, tories stink, solidarity with the workers" are suddenly mad queen lovers. silly buggers
Feel you, man.
I'm in a large family group on Whatsapp
Irish, English, Scots, Germans, Sri Lankans, Aussies, Americans - and we joke about pretty much everything.
We'd have a very sarky take on most things, it's fair to say.

My Scottish cousin texted this morning that her husband was crying at breakfast. Over the queen like.
Like I knew we were mixed, but not that mixed.

Gave me a second of pause, if I'm honest.

after Bowie and Leonard Cohen
For some reason, George Michael was the first name that dropped into my head, but you are not wrong at all.

Feel you, man.
I'm in a large family group on Whatsapp
Irish, English, Scots, Germans, Sri Lankans, Aussies, Americans - and we joke about pretty much everything.
We'd have a very sarky take on most things, it's fair to say.

My Scottish cousin texted this morning that her husband was crying at breakfast. Over the queen like.
Like I knew we were mixed, but not that mixed.

Gave me a second of pause, if I'm honest.

For some reason, George Michael was the first name that dropped into my head, but you are not wrong at all.
I called her a fashy old colonising cunt to an english friend on message, who I joke about everything with, and he told me to leave it out, at least for a few weeks.

The least respect should be given to those who are loudly trying to rise above it all.

I'm most looking forward to two things:

1) who will be head of the Commonwealth? Be very interesting if Canada or someone pushed for it. Every now and then someone writes an article in a major Irish newspaper saying we need to grow up and show we're a real country by joining it.

2) how successful will the royal media machine be in guiding the general public opinion on Charles from low key hate to a passive acceptance and "ah, he's not so bad really."

I reckon give it a year or so and everyone will suddenly find they have twinkly eyed fond feelings for him that, as far as they know, they have always had.

I reckon give it a year or so and everyone will suddenly find they have twinkly eyed fond feelings for him that, as far as they know, they have always had.
100%

A year from now it will be a lot of "despite initial public ambivalence, Charles has fitted quite well into the role......"

As their economy spins around its death spiral and they transition fully into a real life Children Of Men prequel, blaming it all on the foreigns..

I think a lot of the sudden queen lovin comes from the degree to which your average Irish person is culturally influenced by the UK (Corrie, Man U, the ‘Irish’ sun etc).

But fuck the lot of the royals. Hopefully Charles and camilla drive the bus off the cliff before Wills n’ Kate get in

I got a stern talking to last night for posting this image to a Warhammer discord I use (context: the thing she's in is basically a sarcophagus built into a robot that has loads of guns on it, whose motto is "Even in death, I still serve"):
image0(3).jpeg

this one?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I sent this as a joke to an English DJ that works the overnight on WFMU in the US - it's an early morning show on irish time

He told me I was a horrible person, before playing it as his opening song

1662736591245.png

I almost feel like I showed him this thread

Nice job, MB

i'd say patrick freyne is having a fun day on twitter today. lots and lots of people seeing his 'neighbours who are into clowns' article for the first time.
tricky time for him
emotions running a bit raw for his usual humourous remove from things
he retweeted some IT journo clarifying that his clowns yoke was not current - arguably never more relevant though

Beth Rigby out torying the tories with her cringey mawkish coverage of the whole shit show
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hopefully all these solemn establishment fuckers will be out again when Kissinger dies

It won't be as much fun without them

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back