deerhoof + radiohead (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So deerhoof, who I know for a fact have been approached by numerous people in Ireland about playing gigs, make their Irish debut at a sold out gig. The dollar really is more important than the fans isn't it.

Stan Bowles said:
The dollar really is more important than the fans isn't it.

well yeah, thats the way things go these days.
hey stan , wana support radiohead in marley park and make a few bob to record an album? or would you like a night in dorans in which youll probably lose you bus fair home.

(sellouts.ahahaha)

Well to be fair they would probably sell out whelans I would imagine, so they wouldn't loose money.

It's just I've seen emails from them where they say how much they want to play here etc, and now they do play here their fans can't get to see them. Unless they already have a radiohead ticket.

To be honest I don't really care cos although I like them I think they are hugely over rated.

Stan Bowles said:
To be honest I don't really care cos although I like them I think they are hugely over rated.

Have you seen em live though? That's where they earn their spurs, 100%.

Be the Hokey said:
Have you seen em live though? That's where they earn their spurs, 100%.
I haven't, but I wasn't impressed with what I saw on that burn my eye dvd. If they played their own gig I'd certainly go though.

Haven't seen the Burn my Eye DVD. They really blew me away when I saw them in March though, and I wasn't a massive fan before the gig.
Too much messin.

Stan Bowles said:
So deerhoof, who I know for a fact have been approached by numerous people in Ireland about playing gigs, make their Irish debut at a sold out gig. The dollar really is more important than the fans isn't it.

They did a lot of dates with them in the US a few months back. I'd imagine that if they go down well in Marley Park they'd be back by the end of the year to do their own gig.

why is this so bad?

Is it not possible that some people who go to the gig will like both radiohead and Deerhoof? And if they've supported them already in the states why shouldn't they suport them here?

If they all shared a bill at, say, Primavera, people would be cooing in admiration, but because it's in Marlay Park, there's dog's abuse. moany pricks.

i don't care either way cos i'm not going.

rowdy row tinka said:
Saw them at Primavera, was really lookin forward to it, but then didn't I get dissapointed when I saw them live, not as good as on the record, set very samey indeed!

Yeah, it was like "nice to see them play" but wasn't a revelation or anything. I think they'd need a small club to play in and a bassist to replace the guy who left, i think they struggled a bit.

rowdy row tinka said:
Saw them at Primavera, was really lookin forward to it, but then didn't I get dissapointed when I saw them live, not as good as on the record, set very samey indeed!
totally disagree with this. i saw them live at atp and they blew my mind and gradually since then their recordings have been turning me off big time.

boigaz said:
totally disagree with this. i saw them live at atp and they blew my mind and gradually since then their recordings have been turning me off big time.
we will have to agree to disagree, I suppose havin 200 flamin shoutin and screamin Spaniards in front of ya while you watch them don't help but I have only seen Deerhoof once and it was bad. If you thought they were good when you saw them, they must of just been having a good night. I would still go see them again tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back