deerhoof + radiohead (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
boigaz said:
totally disagree with this. i saw them live at atp and they blew my mind and gradually since then their recordings have been turning me off big time.

maybe the missing member makes a big difference,sound was possibly a good bit better at atp also.they were amazing both times i saw them there.

i'd be more interested in seeing radiohead than that scientologist,great lineup.might be one of those gigs one could blag a way into

seen them twice. both times in wee venues and it was really loud and rattley. can't imagine it will translate well outdoors but i could be wrong. i'd say a radiohead crowd will give them some respect though.

Stan Bowles said:
I haven't, but I wasn't impressed with what I saw on that burn my eye dvd. If they played their own gig I'd certainly go though.
ah yes... but they were completely taking the piss on that, weren't they? especially the drummer. see the state of the kit?

but yeah, shame they're not coming to play by themselves. I know plenty of people who'd go.

I've seen 'em twice as well, atp and primavera, and although I greatly enjoyed them each time, I think their records definitely have the edge over the live performance, and I felt the loss of the second guitar was quite obvious at primavera.

but whatever. they're still great.

rowdy row tinka said:
we will have to agree to disagree, I suppose havin 200 flamin shoutin and screamin Spaniards in front of ya while you watch them don't help but I have only seen Deerhoof once and it was bad. If you thought they were good when you saw them, they must of just been having a good night. I would still go see them again tho.
judging by reports it sounds more like they were having a bad night the time you saw them

mark said:
i'd say a radiohead crowd will give them some respect though.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Radiohead are a massive band, in the same sense that u2 are (maybe not on such a scale) and are definitely a 'stadium rock' band and therefore the audience will mostly be madeup of indifferent types who love big shows and radiohead freaks. I hope I'm wrong and they get a good reception. I just can't imagine their set working (from what I know of it) in a large venue like Marley.

I would like to see them play a small show, because these are the kinda gigs that I prefer.

I don't dislike Radiohead either, I just wouldn't enjoy a show in a venue that size.

IM not denying this is a big gig but Marlay really isn't all that big venue wise. after seeing sonic youth there last summer it made me wish i had gone to see REM there too. Much smaller than any stadium gig.

its just stage, toilets left, beer right, exit left, food stalls at back. going to both radiohead and daft punk there this august i liked it so much.

clonan attack said:
IM not denying this is a big gig but Marlay really isn't all that big venue wise. after seeing sonic youth there last summer it made me wish i had gone to see REM there too. Much smaller than any stadium gig.

its just stage, toilets left, beer right, exit left, food stalls at back. going to both radiohead and daft punk there this august i liked it so much.

any spare tickets floating about?

boigaz said:
judging by reports it sounds more like they were having a bad night the time you saw them

ya they were better at Atp a year ago or whenever but I did really enjoy them at primavera as well...maybe I was too pissed to notice.

Stage times, incase anyone wants to know.

RADIOHEAD 21.00
BECK 19.15
DEERHOOF 18.15

Gates 17.00

The Eden pub used to be a good spot for a quick pre gig pint, but it's not open at the moment. The gig will only have the sponsors muck so I might try and grab a quick one elsewhere. Nearest spot would be Ballinteer House I guess, or maybe the Three Rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back