Dead can Dance gig (1 Viewer)

lowrez

The hairs did'nt stand on edge like on previous occasions....I couldnt put my finger on it but what was missing?

lowrez said:
The hairs did'nt stand on edge like on previous occasions....I couldnt put my finger on it but what was missing?

yep.

the whole his song/her song/his song/her song throughout the night did my head in. I think it never took off as a result.

much prefered the 1996 gig. also missed Ronan from Kila - his running on the spot barefoot as he played was great craic. amazing player. the se$$ion heads this time never got into it once.

keyboard string sounds too.... christ man! buy a sample CD for fuck sakes and stop using the keyboard sound bank!!!

some incredible moments though.

Totally agree with both posts.

I saw them in 1996 and they blew me away. Something about it last night wasn't right and I couldn't help feeling a bit disappointed. I thought there was a lot of distance between Lisa and Brendan and it got a bit showcasey, with Lisa singing and then Brendan doing his thing. I think overall it was a lack of connection, it didn't feel like a performance by a duo or a band. It was like they were two seperate artists on the same bill.

Thought Yulanga during the encore was amazing though and that cool song from Aon that Brendan introduced as 'medieval rock and roll' was great.

yeah, io hear that. nothing like wearing your cords and flying around the gaff doing a hurdy solo. yeah.

i thought brendan p's vocie was pretty remarkable in the flesh. a lot better than record. lisa g, of course, sounds like an angel in anyways. i love birds what sing in gibberish, like cathy davey and them.

i enjoyed it mosty. too long, too important, but great sounds.

Declan Dance was h'amaaaazin. When he played the Hurdy Gurdy it looked like he was pretending to be a bus conductor.

Seriously.
I've never seen em before, and that show was wonderful. I was really blown away hearing their voices live. If there had been a string section (which I'm sure the scabby Aussies could have afforded), *that* would have made my year.

that was first time seeing them play live, and probably my last. years ago i was a huge fan of DCD, bought all the releases. i was always impressed by the performance on the "towards the within" DVD / album.

the performance there a couple of days ago was very good. technically it was so perfect, sounded like listening to the studio versions really. vocally excellent and musically incredibly tight.

however, it certainly lacked "something". inspiration probably. it really was a "greatest hits" set (though, i would have loved to have heard "cantara" or "host of the seraphim". well, we got "the lotus eaters" and "yulunga"- highpoints of it for me).

my biggest problem with it was the use of synths, and more precisely, the use of preset synth string sounds. really bothered me at a couple of points.

all that said, it was an excellent gig, but far far far too expensive. I thought 30 euro to see Coil play was pretty damn steep, but I dont think I could spend 50 to see ONE band play ever again, no matter how much I was a fan. that price is exorbitant to be honest. for that price of entry, we should have got a complimentary CDr of something, at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back