dave mcsavage = new levels of cuntage prevails (1 Viewer)

Well well, having just seen the Savage Eye for the first time (crime and drink episodes), I'm absolutely amazed that this is the same person. There is an awful lot of brillaint observational comedy in it, and while a lot of it is fairly hackneyed territory, the image of the priest's stealing peoples children to the music of the omen was absolutely priceless. I could go on.

After seeing it though, I noticed that there was no Thumped thread about it. I suspect it's cos so many people can't bring themselves to admit that the prick is actually very funny on TV.

"Anyone ever noticed anything, ever?"

i watched about two minutes of this lastnight, which were just the usual rural bating stuff that requires no ability and was done properly by matthews/linehan/higson/whitehouse in 1995. is there anything else to the show - like an original idea possibly?

I think the kid snatching priest is a particulary 'Irish joke', and is funny

And "He fixshed the road" is the most acurrate observation on Irish voting I've seen in a while

Lots of chaff amongst the wheat though

"Anyone ever noticed anything, ever?"

What?

His Mary Robinson impression is priceless, with the husband in a birdcage. 'The IRA are like ABBA and the Al Qaeda are like Motorhead' haha. The guy went from being an unbelievably unfunny prick to somehow being occasionally very funny.
Still reckon that a lot of people just can't past the fact that it's him. Otherwise they'd give it more credit.

I do like the Barman in the savage eye.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I dunno, but that shit is good. It isn't 100% funny but things rarely are, but I was pleasantly surprised at how watchable most of the stuff was. The Mary Robinson skits creeped the fuck out of me. It's not 100% original but it is a tad surprising to me that he was given the money to make this show. Not quite part of the chomedy but some of the real vox pops on it are quite faskinating in their own right. He was a cunt, he might still be one now but he's a kinda funny cunt now.

I dunno, but that shit is good. It isn't 100% funny but things rarely are, but I was pleasantly surprised at how watchable most of the stuff was. The Mary Robinson skits creeped the fuck out of me. It's not 100% original but it is a tad surprising to me that he was given the money to make this show. Not quite part of the chomedy but some of the real vox pops on it are quite faskinating in their own right. He was a cunt, he might still be one now but he's a kinda funny cunt now.
Those vox pops are scripted, trust me...

with his family connections?there's plenty of 'comedians' at his level who wouldn't get a sniff of rte.fuck him,he's not funny and his material is painfully unoriginal,a priest robbing a child?thats only the 12,000th time thats been done.

Actually I think you're right, at least some of them seem to be scripted, have that false ring to them, however they work well in the context of the show either way. Anyway, I wanna be entertained and I found the show entertaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back