DAMO SUZUKI Final Details (3 Viewers)

Big steaming heaps of respect to Burgerbarbaby Worldwide Promotions Inc. for having the wherewithall to pull their fingers out of where most people keep them in

Also - there was about three times as many people at this than at Can in the Olympia 6 years ago! Mad wha!?

And if you divide 3 into 6 what do you get? Yes, 2 is what you get. Coincidence?

portrid said:
Big steaming heaps of respect to Burgerbarbaby Worldwide Promotions Inc. for having the wherewithall to pull their fingers out of where most people keep them in

Also - there was about three times as many people at this than at Can in the Olympia 6 years ago! Mad wha!?

And if you divide 3 into 6 what do you get? Yes, 2 is what you get. Coincidence?

If you spell suzuki backwards , it spells "ikuzus" or phonetically, "Ike is us"...you might recall from the gig that there were a lot of people wearing sky blue tracksuits underneath AND people discussing Coventry City - underlining this, the irrefutable fact that "blue" rhymes with "2" or "two". Coincidence ? Anyone else smell the hand of the Ananaki in this ?

aye. saw this last night. had a great time. somehow I missed schroedersound, unfortunately, but I came in just in time to see z'ev which was mental. really dug it. hadn't seen him before. I was expecting one guy and his pipes so the crazy guitar action was a very pleasant surprise. soundscape city..

damo show was short but sweet. felt it really went places here and there. rocked like fucker overall thaks to some deadly drumming, but I think everyone on stage did more than their bit so it was pretty dynamic. damo went around and shook practically everyone's hand in the venue after the show, which was quite amusing :) nice dude.

synopsis? well worth missing 'universal soldier' for. :D go damo!

schroedersound didn't play last night as far as i know so don't think you missed anything dar. damo suzuki was amazing. wasn't too into the z'ev set. some of it was cool but thought he was much better on his own a few months back. the damo set though was incredible. mick o shea was cool on his self invented instruments. his optical theramin is beyond deadly.

plug said:
aye. saw this last night. had a great time. somehow I missed schroedersound, unfortunately, but I came in just in time to see z'ev which was mental. really dug it. hadn't seen him before. I was expecting one guy and his pipes so the crazy guitar action was a very pleasant surprise. soundscape city..

damo show was short but sweet. felt it really went places here and there. rocked like fucker overall thaks to some deadly drumming, but I think everyone on stage did more than their bit so it was pretty dynamic. damo went around and shook practically everyone's hand in the venue after the show, which was quite amusing :) nice dude.

synopsis? well worth missing 'universal soldier' for. :D go damo!

Hey, hey heeeeeeeeeey

universal solider:the return was a well put together piece of cinematic shite

ddmurph said:
schroedersound didn't play last night as far as i know so don't think you missed anything dar. damo suzuki was amazing. wasn't too into the z'ev set. some of it was cool but thought he was much better on his own a few months back. the damo set though was incredible. mick o shea was cool on his self invented instruments. his optical theramin is beyond deadly.
well that explains not seeing his set doesn't it? the only bummer about last night was where I watched the gig from, so I saw fuck all mick o'shea action, least of all an optical theremin. deadly sounds coming from his general direction though.. best show I've seen in a fair while.
hanley said:
Hey, hey heeeeeeeeeey
universal solider:the return was a well put together piece of cinematic shite
hey, hey, whoa, whoa.. you could have taped it for me you know!!!! :D

ddmurph said:

I thought the same about Zev - last time he was amazing, but yer man on the guitar took it way too far and seemed very inappropriate. They finished really well though.
Mick O Shea was deadly. In fact, as Plug said; all the band were amazing. Especially the drummer. But especially the guitarist. But especially the drummer.
Was that 'Safe' rubbing the stones together?

mangler said:
Was that 'Safe' rubbing the stones together?
danny mccarthy innit? I think he's Safe yeah.. he was hiding at the back last night but I've seen him do his things a few times now. kinda interesting. what's he doing? I'd love a go off his.. er, stones. you know what I mean! or some of those other home made instruments.

plug said:
danny mccarthy innit? I think he's Safe yeah.. he was hiding at the back last night but I've seen him do his things a few times now. kinda interesting. what's he doing? I'd love a go off his.. er, stones. you know what I mean! or some of those other home made instruments.

I think that cd was Safe & Danny McCarthy. I don't know who's who. Saw Safe play with Z'ev last time and it was savage; I was completely monged out of my mind and had absolutely no idea what was going on; I kept dozing off for a few seconds at a time, and then waking up totally freaked out by the noise. Then I'd remember where I was. It was a disturbing gig actually. I loved it.

safe is brian (bass last night) and paul hegarty (wasn't playing last night). didn't realise that that was danny mc carthy on stones and shit last night but makes sense alright. yeah, whole band were amazing though.

ah yes, now I remember everything. I saw safe in the fr matthew hall as part of the art trail (I think) yonks ago when I moved down first. there was some australian sound artist guy there as well, doing a little talk/playing some audio/video. really good. totally forgot about that..

also that was definitely danny mccarthy last night. he turns up everywhere. he's played at every whacky experimental gig I've seen in the triskal so far. he's doing some stuff with scanner in september around cork in september apparently..

mangler said:
I kept dozing off for a few seconds at a time, and then waking up totally freaked out by the noise. Then I'd remember where I was. It was a disturbing gig actually. I loved it.
:D haha! sounds deadly .|..|

snow machine said:
Hooray!!! Galway tonight... am really looking forward to it!!!!
yeah, twas mad last night. I know a good few heads in galway who should be at it. wouldn't mind going myself. bit of a drive though..

plug said:
ah yes, now I remember everything. I saw safe in the fr matthew hall as part of the art trail (I think) yonks ago when I moved down first. there was some australian sound artist guy there as well, doing a little talk/playing some audio/video. really good. totally forgot about that..

also that was definitely danny mccarthy last night. he turns up everywhere. he's played at every whacky experimental gig I've seen in the triskal so far. he's doing some stuff with scanner in september around cork in september apparently..

:D haha! sounds deadly .|..|

yeah, twas mad last night. I know a good few heads in galway who should be at it. wouldn't mind going myself. bit of a drive though..

anyone going to limerick gig?

Limerick tomorrow night!!

I`ll be there, a few others i know will be there....after that....?...who knows!?
Should be an interesting turnout - maybe Limerick has a hidden Krautrock scene and they`ll all reveal themselves tomorrow night!!!Ha!!

Rimbaud said:
Limerick tomorrow night!!

I`ll be there, a few others i know will be there....after that....?...who knows!?
Should be an interesting turnout - maybe Limerick has a hidden Krautrock scene and they`ll all reveal themselves tomorrow night!!!Ha!!

Hey Eamonn

Did you tape all of the gig on video? I'd especially like to see Adrian and Bryan doing their merry jig just before damo went on. :D

schmegeggin said:
Hey Eamonn

Did you tape all of the gig on video? I'd especially like to see Adrian and Bryan doing their merry jig just before damo went on. :D

I did`nt record the jig, but got the whole gig(well most of it, its edited where people went and suddenly stood in front of me).The sound is`nt great though.I`ll be sorting it out during the week, and hopefully some footage may be available on the Deserted Village site!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back