DAMO SUZUKI Final Details (2 Viewers)

Thought this was really great. E+S=B were fantastic and the fact that it was Damo Suzuki singing with them almost became irrelevant after a while. I'm so happy those boys are doing something cool again ... how come they never seem to get older looking?

Z'ev was a big pile of bollocks in my opinion ... Last Sound was not my cup of tea.

What's the story with

(a) People sitting down on the floor at gigs? Like 10 people sit down and take up the space where 30 people could be standing. Are these people disabled or something? Are they too lazy to just stay on their feet for more than an hour?

(b) People farting at gigs? Fuck's sake I nearly passed out at one point ...

Anyway, good night ....

Great gig alright. Z'ev wasn't as good as at Lazybird last year 'cos he didn't have his TWO BIG DRAIN PIPES to bang on which was surprisingly melodious and entrancing. The first section definitly failed to spark but when he moved to the patterned gong was much more interesting.

E+S=b were fine, better than the Deserted Village CD which I had bought a week ago. Not to say thats bad but they were better last night. I think some of the magic of Damo is he really makes the people he plays with raise their game.

I gave Damo's ladyfriend a lot of money and now have a bunch of CDs which will sound nothing like last nights gig. So where can I get a copy? !ninjaaaa

GrRrrrR said:
Whatever you think about Z'ev, his timing is uncanny - his set clocked in at nearly exactly 30 minutes.

I can imagine his setlist.

1. Bang first drum for 10 minutes
2. Bang second drum for 10 minutes
3. Bang third drum for 10 minutes

Didn't see this last night. However I think Z'ev is great. His performance in Longford back in October was a joy.

Dutchy said:
where can i get a copy of the e+s=b cdr?

The E+S=B cdrs are in a limited edition of 40 and won't be around too long I'd wager.
You can make paypall payments to our website or send us cash in the post.
I work in the city centre so anyone who wants some can pm me if they want to buy one in person or send cash in the post.

ESB were amazing with Damo; Perfectly minimal and funky, no bullshit. The music seemed to arrive fully formed and sounded like songs. They're great without Damo too so hopefully more people might go to see them again.
I thought Damo's singing was much more dynamic and intricate, a lot more going on than at Mor last year, I seem to remember him being mostly in Death metalish growl mode on that night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back