currently reading? (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter IFF
  • Start date
  • Replies 172
  • Views 12K
  • Watchers 8
am reading "the land where the blues began" by alan lomax

recently..............

Bright lights, Dark Shadows, about ABBA.
The Child in Time by Ian Mcewan

can't remember what else........
up next, Divine biog and John Huston's "an open book"

The Internet Application Workbook - Philip Greenspun
XML & Web Services Unleashed - Ron Schmelzer et al.

sigh

Angles by Jim Rose, i need new books, i may go book hunting today instead of going to work, hmmmm.

spiritualtramp said:
do androids dream of electric sheep ? by phillip k dick is deadly . it is the book Bladerunner was based on .

in other news , I read billie holidays autobiography after you recommended it , I was very impressed with it .

I just finished reading the virgin suicides - a very nice book indeed .
who wrote the virgin suicides?

(...but liquor is quicker - Thrillho, must borrow that book from you when you're finished, need a laugh this week)

Mine's a predictable one this week, but one I've been meaning to get to for ages - Vernon God Little.

And here's one for the boys, heh heh...

Men who read books are more likely to pull, an NOP survey commissioned by the Penguin Group will reveal. Women say that they are more likely to be seduced by a man who reads books …

- 85% of women said that a man could increase his chances of getting a date by talking about a favourite book
- 92% of women said that the best way to secure a first date is to show an interest in her interests
- 83% of women believe that a way to identify shared interests is by looking at a man's choice of book
- a third of women would be more likely to make the first move to chat up a man if he's reading a book
- 65% of women would use a book someone is reading to provide the inspiration needed for the initial chat up line
- 58% of women think men who read books are both more interesting and more intelligent and 43% think that men who read books are more sensitive and more in tune with their emotional side.

mendozy said:
- 85% of women said that a man could increase his chances of getting a date by talking about a favourite book
- 92% of women said that the best way to secure a first date is to show an interest in her interests
- 83% of women believe that a way to identify shared interests is by looking at a man's choice of book
- a third of women would be more likely to make the first move to chat up a man if he's reading a book
- 65% of women would use a book someone is reading to provide the inspiration needed for the initial chat up line
- 58% of women think men who read books are both more interesting and more intelligent and 43% think that men who read books are more sensitive and more in tune with their emotional side.
hm
the same is true of music
and shoes.
I always judge a guy by his shoes.

Lady Sings the Blues- Billie Holiday... 'mazin woman, sad sad story, makes me love her songs even more than i already do, which i did'nt think was humanly possable

One before that was Dude, wheres my country by Mickey wickey big fat dickey moore... Bored me to death, I dont remember finishing it, in fact I dont think i did...

before that, Digital Filmmaking by some nerd

before that, David Boreing by Daniel Clowes

before that, some Woody Allen biography (about the fifth or sixth I've read)

before that, Scorsese on Scorsese man...

before that Charles Bukowski's Tales of Ordinary Madness...

jaysus I've a good memory me...

about to finish the kid stays in the picture. robert evens biography. reciently finished bear vs shark. next i've got the book ring (whitch the origional film is based on), some marquis de sade, & bill hicks (love al the people).

mendozy said:
I presume this doesn't work for sci-fi/fantasy books tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back