Cunt! (1 Viewer)

Goodbye

Yesterday morning my flat was broken into by some CUNT poesing as a window cleaner... This CUNT got away with a sony dvd player, all my dvd movies, a sony minidisc player and roughly 100 music cd's... He took as much stuff as he could carry without arousing suspition leaving the building... I've phoned around a couple of the second hand shops asking them to look out for the cd's...
I've said goodbye to the dvdplayer the minidisc and the movies, but what hurts is the music...
I cant think exactly what is gone at the moment seeing as the CUNT took handfulls of cd's at random...
I'll try and put a list together but I'd just like to ask my fellow thumpers to keep your eyes peeled when brousing some of the second hand places... I know it's a long shot, but if they turn up in one shop in one group, you never know...
First things that spring to mind are the obvious ones that would give the collection away are:
Large Mound: Raised on Rock
Joan of Arse: Distant...
Redneck manifesto: cut your...
Sparklehorse: good morning...
AC/DC: powerage
Dinosaur jr: Green mind, the fog, hand it over, whatevers cool, where you been, your living all...
sebadoh: a few
lou barlow: playes waterfront( rare aussie cd)
Luna...
Galaxie 500: this is our music, on fire
teenage fanclub: bandwagon to the jad fair one
Sonic youth: A thousand leaves, wash mash ( with live), nyc ghosts
Cinerama: va va voom, disco voltane...
My bloody valentine, tom waits fuckin loads
I'll add to this list when I can think of more, making this list is beginning to frustrate me
fucking CUNT
any help would be brilliant...

xian

aye, utterly shitty
my mate tom in leeds had his entire collection robbed last year. we all burnt him as many cd's as possible to replace it but i'm sure it wasn't the same.

sorry to hear that

That sucks god cock!!!!!

That's the second time I've heard about a flat being broken into by someone posing as a window cleaner in the past week. It's probably the same fucker...

Really sorry to hear that Ian. I know how it feels, you just want to kill someone but there's nothing you can do. It's a real bummer. I'll keep my eyes open.

Our house was burgled twice last year. The little shitbags came in through the window of one of the guys, John, and stole all his CDs, some clothes, etc, left heavy stuff like the sound system. They went into two other bedrooms and stole loads of money, a credit card (which they maxxed out), wiped out one guys entire CD collection, and stole loads of other stuff. They didn't steal anything from me, I must have shite CDs.

A couple of weeks later John decides to lock his room one day and what happens but the burglars come back through his window and can't get out of his room so they completely cleaned out what they hadn't got the first time. His clothes, everything. He was awful pissed off.

I know it's a bit late in the day, but Maplins sell one of those ultra voilet pen things with a little uV light that's tiny. Might be a good idea for eveyone to get one and start marking like crazy.

And if any shopkeeper asks what you're doing with the little light, just tell him you're checking to see if he's selling your goods.

Only cost about 12 Euros if memory serves.

Sorry to hear about the robbery thing.

Let's hope some of it turns up.

Goff

*PS - Might it be a good idea for you to give a list of the stolen cd's to second hand record shops, just in case? Probably won't do any good, but at least, if you warn them in advance, they won't have a leg to stand on when you demand your stuff back if you do find it in their shop? Just an idea.

Originally posted by Goff
*PS - Might it be a good idea for you to give a list of the stolen cd's to second hand record shops, just in case? Probably won't do any good, but at least, if you warn them in advance, they won't have a leg to stand on when you demand your stuff back if you do find it in their shop? Just an idea.

Are all Ian's CDs unique editions or something?
How can he prove that this copy of a CD and not that copy is his?

Yer man the window cleaning thief will probably get more for them flogging them in pubs anyway.

I had my CD collection insured in college... its not as poncey as it sounds. Bank of Ireland do a good insureance policy for Flats and stuff, as long as everyone you live with agrees to sign up to the same policy it was about £30 (old money in 1999) each for the year.

yet since I've moved from the coutry to the big city I've dediced to not get insured

how clever of me.... :(

Originally posted by Keeror

Are all Ian's CDs unique editions or something?
How can he prove that this copy of a CD and not that copy is his?

Well, okay it's a bit late in the day for him to mark them ith a uv pen, but if my cd's were stolen I would probably rocognise at least fifty per cent of them by looks alone.

And smell, probably.

I suggest you try to get that list together omo, aparently if you bring it in to a second hand shop and they have a load of your stuff they are obliged to give them beck to you, or something.

That Lou Barlow cD will be a dead giveaway. I reckon I have the only other copy in the country, and that is a CDR from you. Thank fuck you copied it!

weirdo coincidence too

last weekend me and my girlfriend returned to our place
and discovered a hastily abandoned attempted break in.

we stoopidly left a window open near the tv and the video
had been pulled out ( as if the guy leaned in as far as he could to snatch it )

the scary thing is he must have heard us return and just legged
it so he was in the apartment as we put the key in the door....

:eek:

my flatmate had her car stolen from outside the house on sunday night, while she was in spain and i was at the sabbath. joyriders, but they didn't get far. the petrol ran out and they had to abandon it shortly after leaving our estate.

but thats too bad ian. hope you manage to get some of the stuff back. of all the people, a fucking window cleaner, and your flat being on like the 90th floor you'd think it'd never be touched.

Very often thieves work as roofers or window cleaners.

A while back I was in my girlfriend's place and I always open the window and anyway I woke up to a noise and got up and there's this burglar looking right at me, about to climb in the window. I just shouted get the fuck out and he legged it. I was very proud of myself because I'm a total sap most of the time.

if the second hand shops / police yield no results, and you've nothing against cdrs, maybe some of the nice thumped folk could copy you some stuff. You won't be ripping off any bands / record companies, as you'll have already paid for the albums once, and nobody will be making a profit out of it. I can copy you some galaxie 500, luna, sonic youth, mbv, JOA, rednecks, sebadoh and possibly more you havent listed. You probably wont get everything back, but it will be a start...

Originally posted by Pantone247
I had my CD collection insured in college... its not as poncey as it sounds. Bank of Ireland do a good insureance policy for Flats and stuff, as long as everyone you live with agrees to sign up to the same policy it was about £30 (old money in 1999) each for the year.

yet since I've moved from the coutry to the big city I've dediced to not get insured

how clever of me.... :(

I'm going to do that, now that I'm getting a place of my 1/3s own.... and Ian... I'm sure myself and some of my mates can record some stuff sure you over the next month or two...

Burglars = pricks

Originally posted by figs
if the second hand shops / police yield no results, and you've nothing against cdrs, maybe some of the nice thumped folk could copy you some stuff. You won't be ripping off any bands / record companies, as you'll have already paid for the albums once, and nobody will be making a profit out of it. I can copy you some galaxie 500, luna, sonic youth, mbv, JOA, rednecks, sebadoh and possibly more you havent listed. You probably wont get everything back, but it will be a start...

Thank you figs...
extreme nice...

if any of you plan on getting anything insured what i'd suggest is joining your local credit union, who generally do very reasonable home insurance. i aim to do that very soon. its a (very) small price to pay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back