Cunt! (2 Viewers)

Originally posted by Anthony
I suggest you try to get that list together omo, aparently if you bring it in to a second hand shop and they have a load of your stuff they are obliged to give them beck to you, or something.

That Lou Barlow cD will be a dead giveaway. I reckon I have the only other copy in the country, and that is a CDR from you. Thank fuck you copied it!

Talking to John Dee in freebird on the phone, he's been working in freebird for the last 40 years or something... said in all the time he's been there he's only snared someone ONCE!... and only because it was his mates collection, mostly bought in freebird, that john recognised... He also said theres nothing much you can do accept hope the dont leg it when he goes round back to dial 999...

I also heard that some prick in spindizzy offered to SELL back some poor guys collection that he had inadvertantly bought... prick...

Aditional list:
Brian wilson: live at roxy 2cd
Mum: first album
Boards of canada: geodd?? in book box
Shellac: action park, terraform

DVd list:
Edward scissorhands
Raging bull anniversary 2dvd
Crouching tiger...
New Order live
jaws

more when I remember

Originally posted by Ian

Thank you figs...
extreme nice...

no probs, just post a full list at some point in the future, and anyone willing can mail you a list of what they have from it...

Originally posted by herv
if any of you plan on getting anything insured what i'd suggest is joining your local credit union, who generally do very reasonable home insurance. i aim to do that very soon. its a (very) small price to pay.

I have had umpteen fights with insurance companies about this very thing. Living in rented accommodation makes me very nervous about the billions of posessions I own and couldn't afford to replace should they all be robbed by some theiving scumbag. It's very difficult to do it unless yeah, you do the BOI thing. The problem there is that if one person has far more stuff than the others, everyones policy must match so basically the 30 quid thing covers some small amount, and not computers (I could be wrong on this though). I figured my records alone were worth the amount of the policy in the event of needing to act on it. So eh - I didn't bother doing anything more about it, cos I thought it unfair for my housemates to basically be doing me a favour. I just give out about the difficulty of trying to get insurance for a house share all the time instead.

Tell me more about the Credit Union thing though? I have monies with them so I do.

well, when i joined they offered me an insurance policy, i got the leaflets but didn't really look into them at the time, but i imagine that its a pan-credit union thang.

looks cheap too.

well, when i joined they offered me an insurance policy, i got the leaflets but didn't really look into them at the time, but i imagine that its a pan-credit union thang.

looks cheap too.

Ace. I must give mine a ring and ask them. I had some snotty cow tell me a while ago that under no circumstances would they insure a rented house with 3 friends living together as this would invite crime, to paraphrase what she said. I pointed out to her some similar scenarios such as - what about a large family house where people's mates came and went all the time too, and possibly happliy swiping things on their way out the door also - what was the difference there? She said this was different but wouldn't tell me how. So I asked if we had locks on each door would they do it then - no, was her logical and well thought out reply.

appearantly ebs are one of the few places in the city that will even consider providing insurance for rented accomodation. i went to about 4 or 5 places in dublin and no one would touch us, despite locks on doors, a very good alarm, and no previous break-ins.

i dunno, who cares for the little people? mush be gorra.

appearantly ebs are one of the few places in the city that will even consider providing insurance for rented accomodation. i went to about 4 or 5 places in dublin and no one would touch us, despite locks on doors, a very good alarm, and no previous break-ins.

i dunno, who cares for the little people? mush be gorra.

Yeah, we have an alarm, window locks, no break ins etc, but still I could get no joy from the front line harridans who staff Ireland's Insurance companies.

I'll start me own.

We've been insured for years under a Guardian (now AXA?) policy I bought off AA - Guardian wouldn't sell it to me themselves, but AA did, and they were the only place I could find that would insure us
'We', by the way, refers to me and my then girlfriend (now wife), so the couple thing might have worked in our favour

Worth a try though 6779950

I think if you have your car covered by AA they'll think about it.

Insurers = robbers = pricks

Seroiusly though, if you live in a house with other flats, get to know who the pther tenants are. Don't just pass them on the stairs and look the other way (rimember that Ian).

Let's bring the community back to shitty living!

actualy charlie, insurance is a good idea i had my mic stand insured and then i scratched it pretending to be mick jagger with a pink silk scarf and i claimed oh wait thats fraud
dont try it at home kids

lou barlow

I'm in Australia so I'll have a look see if I can track down a copy of the Lou Barlow cd. I know it had original artwork etc on it so a CDR isn't quite the same. I've a feeling it may not be on sale here any more though. Will let you know.

Originally posted by egg_

'We', by the way, refers to me and my then girlfriend (now wife), so the couple thing might have worked in our favour

Damn... I'll have to pretend I'm in a loving gay threesome again...

Thieivn' bastards. That's the problem with CDs, portable = nickable. Nobody ever bothers to steal vinyl! I had a very lucky escape a few years back when I interrupted a couple of burglars who had loaded about 500 CDs into a bag, but quite sensibly decided not to chuck them out of the first-floor window that they escaped from. I'd already put my intials on all my CD and record covers (dating back to when a junkie bastard flatmate of a friend nicked my vinyl copy of "Loveless"), but a UV pen is a much better idea.

Re: lou barlow

Originally posted by joey
I'm in Australia so I'll have a look see if I can track down a copy of the Lou Barlow cd. I know it had original artwork etc on it so a CDR isn't quite the same. I've a feeling it may not be on sale here any more though. Will let you know.

Yeah, I bought it myself second hand in aukland, perfect nick... very rare... I have the album on my computers hard drive but... you know...

Thank you Joey and billy and figs et al for offering to burn/send me stuff... I'm very touched and grateful
xian

ian i just thought, if any of your electronic stuff was taken, i can give you a lend of what i have. i can't guarantee i've got anything you ad and i've no burner, but i can give any cds to herself who can pass them on. just thinkin like.

Big love... thanks Herv, prolly take you up on that...

Pete, we need a "hug" emoticon or something gay like that

You'll probably end up with more albums than you had before through this....

This could turn into an Napster-esque barter exchange thingy... hope Metallica aren't watching....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back