cubaso problemo (1 Viewer)

nine

i am new to cubase and am using cubase 5.
when i import a .wav,or any other valid file into the program,i can't hear it when i play it back.
the level in the "A" column responds to the sound,but nothing comes out.
i also am not able to hear midi through cubase,on the pro-52 for example.again,there is input and out put flashing,but no sound.
i don't think it's the soundcard though,because i can hear other sounds like the click timer.

does anyone know what's wrong?i know it's a vague question and there are a lot of things it could be,but i tried on the cubase.net forum and nobody could help me.

i'm thinking it's some way i have the ASIO driver set up.....

hey nine,

are you using a cracked version of the software? What operating system are you running it on?

we're currently using a cracked version on Windows ME which seems to work fine except for a few glitches, one of which sounds like what you're experiencing.

basically, sometimes you can't hear anything coming across the monitors/speakers even though the output levels etc look ok.
We found that this usually had to do with another program being open at the same time, even something as basic as windows explorer. We'd close this down, and cubase would behave normally again. Other programs such as sound-card mixer software would also play havoc with cubase's playback, but like I say, close down the other programs and it would work fine again.

It sounds very suspect I know, but see if this has any effect for you.

yeah it's cracked,and i'm using win 98,which is actin the bollix aswell.
i tried what you said but to no avail,i reckon i'll just reinstall it,because i bought a new soundcard and that may be causing the problem.

another question,does anyone know how i can tweak windows 98 to be more stable etc.

it crashes sometimes and i have no idea why,i get the blue screen.

Originally posted by nine
another question,does anyone know how i can tweak windows 98 to be more stable etc.

Just get rid of it. It's woefully unstable.

Install Win2K or XP instead.

yeah it's cracked,and i'm using win 98,which is actin the bollix aswell.
i tried what you said but to no avail,i reckon i'll just reinstall it,because i bought a new soundcard and that may be causing the problem.

it crashes sometimes and i have no idea why,i get the blue screen.

98 is fairly unstable in general but alot of the instabilities are caused by background processes conflicting. you can disable some or all of these by going to start-run-msconfig and then go to the startup tab and uncheck anything you think isn't necessary or might be causing a problem. to get an idea of what is running in the background just hit ctrl-alt-del and you'll get a list of the background and foreground processes. the more there are the more unstable your machine will be.

fuck,you're scaring me.
i was told it was the most stable of all the windows (it's the second edition).ok then,does anyone know where i can get a "free" copy of win 2k or xp?

i am new to cubase and am using cubase 5.
when i import a .wav,or any other valid file into the program,i can't hear it when i play it back.
the level in the "A" column responds to the sound,but nothing comes out.
i also am not able to hear midi through cubase,on the pro-52 for example.again,there is input and out put flashing,but no sound.
i don't think it's the soundcard though,because i can hear other sounds like the click timer.

does anyone know what's wrong?i know it's a vague question and there are a lot of things it could be,but i tried on the cubase.net forum and nobody could help me.

i'm thinking it's some way i have the ASIO driver set up.....

Nine, I'd say its a routing problem with your soundcard...maybe you need to tell it what soundcard will be outputting the signal.

Like you say, it could also be a driver problem...try changing to the standard directx driver in "audio settings".

I'm surprised that you can't find an answer using the search feature on the Steinberg Cubase forum.
http://linux1723.dn.net/cgi-bin/ubb...+for+windows&number=2&DaysPrune=10&LastLogin=

If not there's another Cubase forum here...
http://www.audioforums.com/

If you need to tweak your puter for better performance, you can find some tips here...
http://www.bluelifeaudio.com/

cheers beanstalk.
i found out what was wrong,the soundcard i have (extigy),is not Asio compatible yet,because it's connected to the puter via USB.I'm using the Asio Directx driver for now,and it works (but i don't know how!).

Propagamma have developed a new Usb-Asio driver but it costs 60 euros and guess what soundcard it has the most problems with?????:(
But i downloaded the demo and it can get latencies down to 7 ms,which is mad.

I found bluefile audio last week and did all the stuff they said and it is more stable now.

Has anyone bought/blagged cubase sx.Is it worth it?
Word on the street is that reason 2 is fantasmagorical.

I didn't want to create a new thread for this so i just dredged up the old one.
You know the bluefileaudio site that was mentioned there.Well,it is no more.
Problem is i did all of the tweaks they recommended for windows 2000,and now i'm having trouble.The thing keeps restarting when i hit shut down,even when i hit stand by the computer restarts itself.I'm pretty sure that this is due to something i disabled in the power management tab of the control panel,but i can't remember what.Anyone have any idea what it is?
thanks for reading(if you got this far)

Originally posted by pete
they didn't happen to tell you to disable ACPI by any chance, did they?

yeah,it could be that.i read about it on an FAQ but couldn't find out how to enable it.
do you know how?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back