Credit Card Stamp Duty (1 Viewer)

Been like that for years I think, well at least three anyway. Twenty euro for your laser card.

Surely that honour has to go to ATM stamp duty? A tax on a private institution's facility that allows you just to get access to your own money that you have already paid tax on just before you spend it and get taxed again.

It wont be long before it becomes a muggers joke to call robbing people 'stamp duty'. Pay your stamp duty or its my duty to stamp you.

Has to be the most complete bullshit tax of all time.

When i was in college, i scraped €40 together to put into my credit card and the same cocking day, the stamp duty came out and wiped my €40. Cunts.

i just applied for my first ever credit card and i'm excited/terrified.

positives: booking stuff online
negatives: hoping I have the willpower to leave it at home most of the time.

I'm too scared to get a credit card hence wrecked peoples head borrowing theirs or use the 3V one. I know I dont have the willpower for one. Think that Eddie Hobbes dude had an effect on me :(

i just applied for my first ever credit card and i'm excited/terrified.

positives: booking stuff online
negatives: hoping I have the willpower to leave it at home most of the time.
I can honestly say getting a credit card was the worst thing i ever did. I have no willpower and almost €10k of credit card debt and a room full of commodore 64s and scratched two tone original seven inches to prove it.

I can honestly say getting a credit card was the worst thing i ever did. I have no willpower and almost €10k of credit card debt and a room full of commodore 64s and scratched two tone original seven inches to prove it.

i have put it off for years but am starting to get very fed up with the fact that I cant buy a flight online when I need to.

i genuinely plan on leaving it in a drawer.

I'd be only too happy to sell them. I've a huge stack of vinyl i'm going to try sell off soon.
i have put it off for years but am starting to get very fed up with the fact that I cant buy a flight online when I need to.

What i wish i'd done was make my credit limit something like €100 and if i wanted to spend say €300, put €200 in. I made the mistake of making the limit €2000, then when i maxed it, getting out a loan to pay it off, but not reducing the limit.

I use 3V for that. I dont really care about the extra costs cos I couldnt manage an overdraft so I know theres no way I'd manage a credit card. Saying that other people are fine and know how to use them right :)

id use 3V but they dont have them where i live

I noticed that alright.... they are either everywhere or haven't been heard of which is strange. I could only get vouchers in Galway in three shops for a while now they are about ten all of a sudden. Ah a credit card is fine I'm not trying to scare you if it sounds that way .... just saying I personally amn't able for one.

Leaving it in a drawer sounds like a good idea. As does fixing the limit :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back