creation museum (1 Viewer)

Scientists. Show me this conclusive proof that all life on this planet emerged from the same single celled organism. Otherwise I feel free to continue to consider and evaluate any theories that attempt to explain human existence.

Not even do we use the same bases in DNA, not only do we all use the same amino acids to build ourselves with, not only do we use the same coding for every amino acid, we all have, give or take, the same genome.

You can get the genome of Cyanobacteria, worms, mice, dogs, Humans, find most of the same genes in each.

That is pretty conclusive.

Ah lads.

I have to listen to come Goblin Cock now.

I didn't say I will accept them... but in order to reject a theory it is necessary to understand its premise and evaluate it critically.

I have done that with creationism over ten years ago by reading the book of Genesis and discounted it pretty fast. It's quite a simple theory so it doesn't need all that much thought imo.

From what I learnt on my earth history and evolution module I'm willing to accept evolution and concentrate and other stuff I find a lot more interesting. If in the mean time someone comes up with a plausible alternative to evolution I'll consider that.

Not even do we use the same bases in DNA, not only do we all use the same amino acids to build ourselves with, not only do we use the same coding for every amino acid, we all have, give or take, the same genome.

You can get the genome of Cyanobacteria, worms, mice, dogs, Humans, find most of the same genes in each.

Ah lads.

but but but someone made a mistake on a dna test once so all your proof means nothing :rolleyes:

Ah lads.

But proponents of intelligent design use the same information in favour of their theory, they suggest that that is more consistent with the idea of design than with random or otherwise evolution.

:D

Why is it so difficult to accept that we just might not know all the answers?

It's not difficult to accept at all. I wouldn't lay claim to knowing a lot about anything. But people putting forward complete nonsense as truth is simply wrong and dangerous to society. Teaching people lies based on religious beliefs has already been PROVED to be disasterous for the human race up to this point.

But proponents of intelligent design use the same information in favour of their theory, they suggest that that is more consistent with the idea of design than with random or otherwise evolution.

It's a pity - I just did a Google image search for "Mad Mary O'Connell Street crazy woman", and nothing useful came up. Oh well.

:D

Why is it so difficult to accept that we just might not know all the answers?

I already said we do not have the answers.
We do no know a lot of things.

But, we do know that life evolves, via natural and sexual selection.
To ignore what we do know, to ignore that truth is pretty offensive to a lot of people.

This'll have to do:

simpsons_CrazyCatLady.jpg

"Arrrr, intelligent design hasn't been proven or disproven, we're all raindrops"

To ignore what we do know, to ignore that truth is pretty offensive to a lot of people.

Again, that is not inconsistent with any other theory, the theory of Evolution takes the extreme case of that - which still remains to be proven. This is the only point that I am trying to make. The theory of the Origin of the Species, Darwinism, Primordial Ooze etc. is still theory, unproven. It might be best guess... but it is still a guess, not scientifically proven.

comparing religion to the easter bunny might also be regarded as offensive by many people, but that's the internet, innit?

comparing religion to the easter bunny might also be regarded as offensive by many people, but that's the internet, innit?
indeed it is...if someone was offended by fb's religion = easter bunny post, i reckon they have no business in this godless wasteland known as cyberspace in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back