creation museum (1 Viewer)

Classic thumped. This is what I pay a subscription for.

/ which reminds me

I agree with Squiggle here. A scientific theory can never be proven true. The best it can hope for is to be as persuasive as possible - a model that can best explain what we observe. The theory of evolution is our best guess at the moment. But, who knows, there may be some as yet undiscovered evidence out there that will show the theory to be false.

As for creationism, it should be considered just like all other propositions. As a scientific theory it isn't anywhere near as developed as the theory of evolution. But there is nothing to stop it becoming more developed. Personally, I don't think it will ever be as persuasive as the theory of evolution, but I'm not discounting that it could.

I agree with Squiggle here. A scientific theory can never be proven true. The best it can hope for is to be as persuasive as possible - a model that can best explain what we observe. The theory of evolution is our best guess at the moment. But, who knows, there may be some as yet undiscovered evidence out there that will show the theory to be false.

As for creationism, it should be considered just like all other propositions. As a scientific theory it isn't anywhere near as developed as the theory of evolution. But there is nothing to stop it becoming more developed. Personally, I don't think it will ever be as persuasive as the theory of evolution, but I'm not discounting that it could.
Bladez and Squiggle, sittin in a tree
k.i.s.s.i.n.g.

I created life, the earth and the universe. Last Wednesday week. All your memories are my workings too. You dont exist. You just think you do.

There may not be that much evidence to back my claim up, like that fancy Science stuff, but no one can conclusively prove I am wrong, and even if they do I will change the rules and ignore that proof, so I am not discounting it as possible.

Edit, Damo, Breakfast on Pluto, my gaff, Friday, the burd is away, if you know what I mean.

Hey squiggle I suspect you're being contrary. There's no such thing as "scientifically proven", that's been pointed out often enough - don't you accept that?

Of course I do, hence my insistence that the Theory be considered just that... a suggestion that was viciously attacked... and my assertion that there can be more than one theory about any given thing. I am merely suggesting that treating theories other than the one that you personally accept as most plausable with respect or at least 'knowing the enemy' might be a wise course of action.

I created life, the earth and the universe. Last Wednesday week. All your memories are my workings too. You dont exist. You just think you do.

There may not be that much evidence to back my claim up, like that fancy Science stuff, but no one can conclusively prove I am wrong, and even if they do I will change the rules and ignore that proof, so I am not discounting it as possible.

Interesting theory. However, if we don't exist then you didn't create anything, hence you have disproved your own theory. Scientists, tush!

Edit, Damo, Breakfast on Pluto, my gaff, Friday, the burd is away, if you know what I mean.

:) ...and you're perfectly entitled to this view. I doubt many will go for it though.

Your theory has so far failed to convince but i'm open to my mind being changed should you argue your position well enough.

Fuuuuck 20 pages!
I'm sooooo pissed off I had work to do today. I would have enjoyed this (a good bunfight without the eyestrain of those black eirecore pages)

So anyway did ye decide

Is Eve cute:

story.jpg

Basically, what I'm reading here, is that everyone agree's with everyone, and there was a lot of creating done last week.

To do that, I'd have to accept a christian god. That would mean I'd have to commit adultery and sexbeforemarriage. This makes it a major conundrum.

It's ten to seven. I'm the last one in the office. I actually did loadsa work today and all. Still though, this is bollocks.

Talk to y'all later mofo's!

back to the museum... why did no one say they had a shop! christmas is only a few months away.

useful books such as:
37-4273-Everything_ProductPrimaryImage.jpeg

An introduction to some of the reasons Christians cannot accept millions of years, without doing great damage to the church and her witness in the world.

and classic dvds such as:

Noah’s Ark: Thinking Outside the Box
37-5281-Everything_ProductPrimaryImage.jpeg

We must ask the question, “When Noah constructed the Ark, did he use the technology of the day to follow the Lord’s directions and build a ship able to withstand the oceans tempest?”

and

Escape from Darkness
37-5192-Everything_ProductPrimaryImage.jpeg

This tremendous DVD will help Christians understand how to effectively evangelize those still trapped in the traditions and deceptions of Islam.

back to the museum... why did no one say they had a shop! christmas is only a few months away.

useful books such as:
37-4273-Everything_ProductPrimaryImage.jpeg

An introduction to some of the reasons Christians cannot accept millions of years, without doing great damage to the church and her witness in the world.

and classic dvds such as:

Noah’s Ark: Thinking Outside the Box
37-5281-Everything_ProductPrimaryImage.jpeg

We must ask the question, “When Noah constructed the Ark, did he use the technology of the day to follow the Lord’s directions and build a ship able to withstand the oceans tempest?”

and

Escape from Darkness
37-5192-Everything_ProductPrimaryImage.jpeg

This tremendous DVD will help Christians understand how to effectively evangelize those still trapped in the traditions and deceptions of Islam.

See that alone would put me off giving intelligent design a second thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back