creation museum (1 Viewer)

This is well worth watching - biologist Ken Miller (who is a Christian but not a creationist) discusses Intelligent Design in a 2 hour lecture\presentation.. There's a bit of in-depth science stuff but he explains it very clearly:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fuck this. I think I'm going to vomit. I thought that Beth Ditto thread was bad, this is the worst thread I've ever read in my life - and that includes the misogynist wankfest bullshit posted by some of thumped's poorest specimens of human life.

Anyone. Anyone who believes that Intelligent Design is 'another scientific theory we should give some thought to' should immediately be ruled out as either a completely brain-dead uneducated idiot or a dangerous religious psycho. If you want to dance around philosophy and theology, then fine. Enjoy your life and do that. But, keep that fucking rubbish the fuck away from matters of science. It has no place there.

The funny thing is, the theories of evolution, the big bang etc. do not preclude the existence of a god. What happened before the nothing? Who knows?! The only thing they rule out is the possibility of a bunch of fucking stupid allegories being actual fact, and anyone who believes in Adam & Eve and the 7 days etc. is a fucking retard.

So yeah.. this thread sucks.

Fuck this. I think I'm going to vomit. I thought that Beth Ditto thread was bad, this is the worst thread I've ever read in my life - and that includes the misogynist wankfest bullshit posted by some of thumped's poorest specimens of human life.

Anyone. Anyone who believes that Intelligent Design is 'another scientific theory we should give some thought to' should immediately be ruled out as either a completely brain-dead uneducated idiot or a dangerous religious psycho. If you want to dance around philosophy and theology, then fine. Enjoy your life and do that. But, keep that fucking rubbish the fuck away from matters of science. It has no place there.

The funny thing is, the theories of evolution, the big bang etc. do not preclude the existence of a god. What happened before the nothing? Who knows?! The only thing they rule out is the possibility of a bunch of fucking stupid allegories being actual fact, and anyone who believes in Adam & Eve and the 7 days etc. is a fucking retard.

So yeah.. this thread sucks.
hey Batman
it's your birthday
it's your birthday
go Batman

some of thumped's poorest specimens of human life.
name and shame.

I don't have to. I take my 'the internet should never be taken seriously' stance very seriously

you think believing in intelligent design is worse than misogyny?

of course not. I found reading a thread with people saying 'hey Intelligent Design is something to think about' so unexpected and so terrifyingly stupid. I've already ruled the misogynists here out as human beings. also, I was pretty tired last night and this damn thread kept me up.

of course not. I found reading a thread with people saying 'hey Intelligent Design is something to think about' so unexpected and so terrifyingly stupid. I've already ruled the misogynists here out as human beings. also, I was pretty tired last night and this damn thread kept me up.

People are entitled to pursue and investigate any theory that they wish to. I don't feel threatened or angered by people who disagree with me on any subject and I find some of the reactions in this thread astonishing.

I do feel that people should not dismiss, rubbish, abuse or even comment in general terms about a theory that they know little or nothing about and have no interest in - if you don't even know the basic tenents of it then leave it alone... and as for accepting a theory that you are likewise uninformed about, that is worse, whether the theory you are accepting is Evolution/Big Bang or ID, or any other. Since when do we just accept what some "expert" tells us?

If I were to say that I hate "The Gossip", and think that anyone who likes them is a moron, and it then emerges that I've never heard them and know absolutely nothing about them, I'd rightly be lynched.

A closed mind is a terrible thing people. Accusing other people of prejudices when you clearly have some of your own is such a cliche.

People are entitled to pursue and investigate any theory that they wish to. I don't feel threatened or angered by people who disagree with me on any subject and I find some of the reactions in this thread astonishing.

I do feel that people should not dismiss, rubbish, abuse or even comment in general terms about a theory that they know little or nothing about and have no interest in - if you don't even know the basic tenents of it then leave it alone... and as for accepting a theory that you are likewise uninformed about, that is worse, whether the theory you are accepting is Evolution/Big Bang or ID, or any other. Since when do we just accept what some "expert" tells us?

If I were to say that I hate "The Gossip", and think that anyone who likes them is a moron, and it then emerges that I've never heard them and know absolutely nothing about them, I'd rightly be lynched.

A closed mind is a terrible thing people. Accusing other people of prejudices when you clearly have some of your own is such a cliche.

Whatever, Squiggle.

I've read about the theory of evolution over the years - in school and in my personal time. I do not 100% accept it as 100% fact, but because it's missing links and there are some elements I don't understand does not mean that it's not correct. Furthermore, it does not mean that gaps in science point to god, and the idea that the unexplained should simply be attributed to a divine creator and that such a "theory" should be taught alongside Darwin's theory of evolution - that is completely unhinged and insane.

So, hey.. if you think you're a free thinker and I'm closed minded because I think religion has no place in a science class, then fine. What I won't do is argue in circles with you, because I'd rather not do a repeat of the last 20 odd pages. You believe whatever you want, and I'll believe you're bananas for it.

I've read about the theory of evolution over the years - in school and on my personal time. I do not 100% accept it as 100% fact, but because it's missing links and there are some elements I don't understand does not mean that it's not correct. Furthermore, it does not mean that gaps in science point to god, and the idea that the unexplained should simply be attributed to a divine creator and that such a "theory" should be taught alongside Darwin's theory of evolution - that is completely unhinged and insane.

So, hey.. if you think you're a free thinker and I'm closed minded because I think religion has no place in a science class, then fine. What I won't do is argue in circles with you, because I'd rather not do a repeat of the last 20 odd pages. You believe whatever you want, and I'll believe you're bananas for it.

I believe that you have either not read what I've been saying, or that you have misinterpreted it. I've made it clear that I am not suggesting that ID is right, or better. But I also believe that proposing one, unproven, theory, and putting it forward as the ONLY solution, to the point that people assume it is 100% correct, although they would be very hard pushed to provide any unshakable evidence, is wrong.

Religion and science are completely separate, of course they are. I'm not arguing in favour of one or the other. But when secular and scientific thought becomes as fanatical as religion I think we need to re-evaluate ourselves.

settle down, lads

I have to say, I think it's funny that science - and in particular Darwinian scientists - gets so annoyed about intelligent design, because it somehow threatens their truth (when it clearly doesn't, beign a load of guff and all, but anyway), and not to the extent that it doesn't belong in a science class but further than that - classifying its propontents as demented, insane and possibly even twisted. But at the same time, many (but not all) of the same scientists feel it's more than acceptable for them to comment on theology and philosophy as if that's some kind of "pop" discipline that they completely understand, and religion and spirituality as if that's also within their domain. Sauce for the goose, sauce for the gander, lads. ID is still nutsoid though, heh heh:)

to further what snakybus said, i don't see atheists getting that worked up about belief with catholics, say. and atheism vs. theism is a more fraught debate than darwinism vs. ID.

probably because theism doesn't use the language of atheism against it, but ID uses the language of science against darwinism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back