creating music in a casual environment (1 Viewer)

Loop sounds interesting. If it's the same price as Applerock, At least it's in town. You better not get hungry in Applerock unless you want a Mars bar.

What do you say tbm?

I know Loop like the back of me hand -we've been rehearsing there for over a year.

While the staff are largely very helpful the place has gone downhill somewhat. The cost has gone up (it's now 45 quid for 5 hours with PA, bass amp, guitar amp, kit and mikes) and the equipment is not as reliable as it used to be.

It was for a while the only studio where you could rely on all factors. Over the past few months we've had to deal with dodgy gear, two double bookings and a couple of cases of staff showing up 1 hour late to open up.

Dunno about Applerock - last time I was there (probably 18 months ago) it was an unbelievable kip.

Temple Lane studios are a good size but the staff can be problematic: on bloke in particular had a fit when we complained that the guitar amp (a Marshall Valvestate) didn't work. Still in a rage, he then produced a notebook and furiously did a little sum which proved to us that we would have to pay an extra 7 quid for the studio WITHOUT the amp.

He corrected himself later, but if the Irish gun laws had been liberal I feel he might have shot one or all of us in the face.

Anthony (23 Oct, 2001 11:11 p.m.):
Loop sounds interesting. If it's the same price as Applerock, At least it's in town. You better not get hungry in Applerock unless you want a Mars bar.

What do you say tbm?

That guy in Temple Lane - was he the guy with the pony tail and the leather trousers, kinb of goth biker guy. He lost the plot with us once because we didn't pay when we went in. In there and anywhere else we always paid when leaving, but this guy got real thick and insisted that was never the way.

I miss noiseland. Them boys were dead on.

Dan (25 Oct, 2001 01:24 p.m.):

this is true. i know they're gone but do they plan to relocate or did they just shut up shop?

tbm (25 Oct, 2001 01:50 p.m.):

this is true. i know they're gone but do they plan to relocate or did they just shut up shop?

When I was talking to one of them it seemed it was over as far as I could gather. The poor guy was almost in tears. He didn't know if he'd ever be able to work at another job again. I mean when you're working day consists of watching tv, drinking a little and smokin a little and helping someone out now and again if theres a problem, a conventional job really is a bummer.

No he was kind of a squat guy with a crewcut. He had one of those bow-legged walks, the walk of a small man trying to compensate by making himself look broad.

He also had a protruding lower jaw - a real giveaway for a neanderthal, that. I didn't check but I'll bet that when he stormed out of the room his palms were facing backwards.

That guy in Temple Lane - was he the guy with the pony tail and the leather trousers, kinb of goth biker guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back