creating music in a casual environment (1 Viewer)

crazy dick

Since 2000
where is there good places to practice?............

-price
-place
-free stuff
-toilet facilities

proceed...............

..so did I

I'm scared!!

do not go to underground.. ..although for some reason we still do...

it IS dirty cheap and decent rooms with ok gear and less then good PA's BUT there is some strange kind of witchcraft that affects the booking book... so even when your SURE you booked in next wednsday for some strange strange reason the hairy biker rocker band (who happen to be bloke on desks best mates) are booked instead and you've been "magically" moved to next tuesday... this happens A LOT!!

but if you enjoy the excitement of not knowing when your next booking will be... its not the worst place.

across from Connolly station.. sort of....

are there any decent places to practice that provide a decent kit....how much would it cost ?

mugwump (18 Oct, 2001 10:26 a.m.):
are there any decent places to practice that provide a decent kit....how much would it cost ?

Most places do provide decent kits. It's the hardware that's mostly the problem so if you can bring a snare, hi-hat and cymbal stand. if not the gable is on.

I always loved the sound of the drums in the City Arts Centre. I think it may have had something to do with the size of the rooms.

I hear Loop is good never been but....

Applerock is Okay as long as you get any room apart form the really small ones.(they always give me headaches)

Granded the drummers shed is preferable. I didn't realise he lived near me I'll be up after work.
sound

Loop has good equipment and theres no problem with bookings cos they do a late shift 10:30 - 1:00a.m
On the downside its expensive up to £40(depending when and how long you practice) and its really fucking hot in there

matty's back garden, he lets anyone use it for free, except the fury, he charges them coz they're bleedin pricks.

Stewart Little (18 Oct, 2001 02:08 p.m.):
Or you could go to Noiseland. It's really cute the way the little neighbourhood 5 year olds fuck bottles at you on your way to and from...

Is Noiseland still going...i thought it shut down

Is Noiseland still going...i thought it shut down[/quote]

It is
Kross was fairly cheap as far as i can remember, but its miles away Crumlin/Whitehall Road

Rehearsal rooms what I have been in (in order of niceness):
1. TBMC - nice sounding rooms, decent gear (some 'proper' guitar amps), clean, next to impossible to get on a weeknight
2. Applerock - the bigger rooms sound decent, gear is acceptable, friendly staff (this is the one we use)
3. City Arts Centre - echo-y unpleasant sounding rooms
4. Underground - dingy, pokey, poor gear, cheap

The TMBC is quite expensive, also sessions go from 5 - 10, most working folk who like to pretend there rocksars but don't get off work till 6 find themselves paying for 1-2 hours of practise time they can't use.

nice leather couches though

back to Underworld... after further run ins with staff I now offically denounce Underworld rehersal studio's. They are really crappy and the staff attitude is disgraceful, and bookings seem to magically disappear and reappear depending on what the staff's friends are doing... almost as magically as damaged equipment can suddenly be blamed on innocent indie folk

0 stars

eh...'rockin spoons' (18 Oct, 2001 12:31 a.m.):
yiz are all wasters.

just practice in yr drummer's shed.
it's just 2 minutes walk away + it's free.
you don't even have to book it.

bleedin obvious, like

bullshit. its a 20 minute to half an hour bike ride, and thats if the winds not against you which if it is means youll be for ever getting there and you cant get the bus because it doesnt exist its all a figment of dublin bus's imagination. its all gay

i think applerock is probably the best bet as the gear is reasonable and a session is 5 hours which facilitates after work jobbies. it's £40 for a one off and £36 if you block book but that usually means waiting about a month. there is definatly a market for another rehersal studio if any of dublin's rockin' community are feeling entreprenurial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back