crap takeaways (1 Viewer)

Where would you recommend in town for the best falafel then, coz I thought that was just what it tasted like and I enjoyed it!

the chilli something place just at the right before wexford street coming from town has been okay, falafel on naan...haven't had any real good falafels in dublin though. they know their falafel business in the continental europe allright...maozs or whatevers it called is amazing, they have it at least in dam and barcelona

The place beside South Street on Georges st, (I keep wanting to call it King Hari Llamas but I know it's called something else) do an alright Falafel. I'm not really a big fan of falafels but.

SULTAN! It's called Sultan.

"5 euro for hummus and chip? FUUUUHHKKK DAHHHHHH"

yer a classy dame, derms

jill have ye ever had the pleasure of dining in that chinese down in fairview? (think its called the green lotus)
last time i was in there some 50 year old guy picked up a chair and tried to smash it over some young fellas head.

i have dined there on a few occasions, their tofu ain't the best. but after bombay pantry on philipsburgh avenue they're probably my second choice in local takeaways.
never been chaired though.

the chilli something place just at the right before wexford street coming from town has been okay, falafel on naan...haven't had any real good falafels in dublin though. they know their falafel business in the continental europe allright...maozs or whatevers it called is amazing, they have it at least in dam and barcelona

That maozs place is savage isnt it! went to the dam in june and got about 7 falafels outta there in 5 days not to mention loadsa cones of chips with mayonaise lovely...

Hilbilly's. that's what it's called.
shit hole.

ps, don't go near either of these establishments, or even the fairview area, after midnight Thurs-Sat as you will no doubt be vomitted/started upon by one or more of the many drunken twats spewing out of Barcode.
another shit hole in the locality.

i am shortly moving from the wexford st. area to the fairview area - i am overjoyed to hear that my current weekend night neighbourhood experience of drunken fools* falling out of the various local hostelries will be mirrored in my new home. joy.

other terrible establishment: the perki chick, in drumcondra. there is a miasma of stale chip fat outside it that you can actually taste.

that ricks place on dame st. - never been in, largely due to having seen a foot-long stalactite of grease hanging from the extractor fan outside it. bleurgh.

*accusations that i am frequently one of the drunken fools myself will be met with a stern look.

Abrakebabra on Anne st. (?), off Grafton st.
The BLT had loads of bacon (plus), but the "T" came in the form of ketchup (minus)
They got rid of the jukebox (probably a plus), replaced it with Westlifes Greatest hits (something of a minus)

i am shortly moving from the wexford st. area to the fairview area - i am overjoyed to hear that my current weekend night neighbourhood experience of drunken fools* falling out of the various local hostelries will be mirrored in my new home. joy.

other terrible establishment: the perki chick, in drumcondra. there is a miasma of stale chip fat outside it that you can actually taste.

that ricks place on dame st. - never been in, largely due to having seen a foot-long stalactite of grease hanging from the extractor fan outside it. bleurgh.

*accusations that i am frequently one of the drunken fools myself will be met with a stern look.

That perki chick do nice chips loadsa people tell me there curry sauce tastes like coffee, never had it meself. Ricks is grand, lovely garlic an cheese chips outta them.

One day my brother and I drove from Enniscorthy to Cashel on the way out of Enniscorthy we passed by the Abrakebabra in the market square to which he started singing "Abrakebabra its a shit hole, its a shit hole , Abrakebabra its a shit hole its a shit hole" the whole fucking way to cashel.

Wheres that now? in relation to the perki chick coz I dont know drumcondra too well.

it's on dorset st. - if you start heading back into town from the perki chick, cross over the canal, and it's on your left.

i lived on whitworth rd. when i was a student, and the one'n'one fed me well on numerous occasions.

it's on dorset st. - if you start heading back into town from the perki chick, cross over the canal, and it's on your left.

i lived on whitworth rd. when i was a student, and the one'n'one fed me well on numerous occasions.

Have a rough idea where you mean, ill check it out, cheers.

minka;642801i lived on whitworth rd. when i was a student said:
I live therrrrrrrrrrre. Oh! So the homesick!

Nanyways, in that area...

Good takeaway: Independent Pizza Company :)
Crap takeaway: Some like it Hot :mad:

chrysanthemum in rathfarnham

not usually mad about chineses since the quality can be dodge from time to time; but i knew this gaff was a restaurant as well and found deep fried tofu on the menu so i thought i'd give it a shot (even though it seemed more expensive than your average chinese - 8 quid, with most of the meat dishes running close to a tenner).

first, the plastic container was only filled half way with my dish. then, i looked inside and found only four pieces of tofu. next, i saw vast quantities of a mystery "veg" i could only assume was some kind of hybrid between mushroom and squid, and finally, the taste - bland as fuck.

fuck you chrysanthemum.

Pretty much all take aways are shit from my experience.

Except that falafel place beside the market on the ramblas in Barcelona of course, is that Maoz?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back