Craft brewing festival (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 48
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 4
Thanks a million for the drink tickets Jill. I hope I said thank you at the time, I was fairly hopped out of it and just so surprised someone was giving me free drink.

No worries, it was a bit weird. I just thought better given to 'fake internet buddies' than some other random people. All I could remember was 'Mr. Diddles' as a name, so I thought better to say, "Thumped, right?" Good with faces, not so much with real names. Hell, my name isn't even Jill.

whats your goal with this - to atract people who are seriously into their beers, or just to offer a bit of variety to everyone else?

if its the later I'd say:

IPA's/pale ales - galway hooker and bo bristle are both fairly nice beers without being ridiculously strongly hoppy etc.

stout - trouble brewing dark arts porter - nice sweet stout. they also do cool branding/merchandising as well (glasses, posters etc).

not massively famillar with all of the others, trouble brewing's or and sabotage are nice, as is the galway hooker larger.

Basically testing the market throwing in some craft bottles. I was thinking of maybe doing five/six. Three that would be alternatives to the basics and maybe two or three that would attract serious beer people. I'm trying to get White Gypsy blonde/ruby on tap since it's a Tipperary beer. It might not work, but I'm going to try it. All the pubs are the same around here so I figured I might slowly try something different. There are some craft places here and there (all about 30 minutes drive away in each direction) that are doing okay with selling some. I can't drink the stuff so, it's hard to know.

Basically testing the market throwing in some craft bottles. I was thinking of maybe doing five/six. Three that would be alternatives to the basics and maybe two or three that would attract serious beer people. I'm trying to get White Gypsy blonde/ruby on tap since it's a Tipperary beer. It might not work, but I'm going to try it. All the pubs are the same around here so I figured I might slowly try something different. There are some craft places here and there (all about 30 minutes drive away in each direction) that are doing okay with selling some. I can't drink the stuff so, it's hard to know.

glaway hooker pale ale was one of the first to break into the mainstream a good few years ago. its different, but not so different. a gateway poncy beer if you will. might be another one to try on tap?

Personally i find a lot of irish craft beers fairly bland, but there a some exceptions that i really like.

Black's black IPA
8 Degrees: Hurricane IPA
8 Degrees: Full Irish
8 Degrees: Amber Ella
Black's : KPA

Ones that are not on that list worth checking Kinnegar various, Wicklow Wolf IPA

big fan of the Dungarvan brews. in clear 1st place, the Blond Ale. 2nd place, the Stout.

9524242403_9a7c09e830_z.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back