CRACKLE & POP - 1st Feb, Project. (1 Viewer)

Keeror

Since 2000
The Whispering Gallery Presents

**CRACKLE AND POP**

An evening of out-there electronica and way-ahead pop featuring:-

Amoebazoid + The Array + Bad Lunatic + Rollers/Sparkers

Date:- Saturday February 1st 2003
Time:- 20.00 - 23.00
Admission:- €10

For further information please contact [email protected] or see http://www.whisperinggallery.com

CRACKLE AND POP GLOSSARY:-

AMOEBAZOID
Amoebazoid, a.k.a. Keith O’ Brien, a guitarist by nature, has been making music for the last fifteen years from punk, indie to dub reggae and free improv with such bands as Inconvenience and Here Comes Everyone. In the last couple of years he’s turned his hand to more unusual sound generation methods involving computers and electronics. including far ranging influences from Hendrix to Xenakis. He is one half of electronic duo Double Adaptor, and he recently released his debut album, 'AutoCannibalism'.
http://www.spitroastproductions.com/artists/keith.html

THE ARRAY
The Array are a band from Dublin who write instrumental post-rock/alternative music with an electronic feel. Merging electronic instruments, found sounds and computer manipulations with traditional instruments, such as guitar, bass, clarinet and melodica, their music has an organic feel set against a progressive electronic backdrop.
The Array incorporates elements of Arabic and Bulgarian music, Dub, New Wave, Techno, and Ambient to create a unique sound, one that will please and surprise Irish audiences.
The Array recently released their debut album, 'On Unknown Soil' to much acclaim. This is their first live gig.
http://www.arrayspace.com/

BAD LUNATIC
Bad Lunatic is an electronic project by Simon O'Connor, utilising multiple CD players to create a soundscape of terrifying beauty. Visual accompaniment comes from Simon Doyle. For this performance O'Connor will be joined by Andy Fogarty on guitars.
http://badlunatic.thewub.com

ROLLERS/SPARKERS
Full-on, out-there weirdness from odd-rock combo Rollers/Sparkers. Indescribable yet wonderful, Rollers/Sparkers have just released their debut EP, 'Geography For The Leaving'. Tonight they will be performing ‘a concerto for one nipple’.
http://www.rollerssparkers.com

here, is it true yer man simon o'connor from bad lunatic is nothing but a wanker and the most useless man in the entire universe?

That theory holds true in all cases except where Simon is being Bad Lunatic. Then he is a very useful person, making great music that should have the world swooning, particularly that small part of the world that writes for the Wire and runs labels like Rune Grammefon and Mego.

Bad Lunatic is the bomb.
Just don't mention Abel Ferarra.

here, keerock, i have a *thing* for you to try out. say good bye to the weekend.

Originally posted by Keeror
That theory holds true in all cases except where Simon is being Bad Lunatic. Then he is a very useful person, making great music that should have the world swooning, particularly that small part of the world that writes for the Wire and runs labels like Rune Grammefon and Mego.

Bad Lunatic is the bomb.
Just don't mention Abel Ferarra.

yaaaawwwwwn.... huh? :)

The Project is quite a good place to play. Especially if you like/need a quiet, non-smokey venue. Very much the opposite of Whelan's in that regard.
There's not many gigs on cos it's primarily a theatre - gigs only happen when there's no theatrical performance on, and recently they've tended to group gigs together in a theatre-free week, like this week.
Anyways, Willie White is the artistic director there and he's the one to talk to about putting gigs or anything else on in Project.

!Don't forget CRACKLE & POP is on this Saturday!

Another good thing about the Project is that it's got a full bar, but is also an all-ages venue .

Hope to see some of you tomorrow!

Legion of Mary for Anne

And I didn't have to shout "Hup!" once...

I'm only doing this cos Simon told me to, y'know.

Originally posted by Keeror
Another good thing about the Project is that it's got a full bar, but is also an all-ages venue .

Hope to see some of you tomorrow!

Yeah, Yeah,
kids be ge'in down to the ol' skool styles of tha Bad Lunatic.
All ages!
!

By the way, sorry; would have got down onny my stoopid lung packed in again...which is also why I'm up at this ungodly hour with no drink on me...also I owe you a piccolo snare and haven't forgotten rore; somebody sell me a piccolo, preferably the person who has the one that disappeared on me...for nothing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back