Country living... (1 Viewer)

I think it depends on your job and type of transportation commute.

I don't have a stressful or demanding job. Sure I get frustrated a lot because I care. Lately I've just don't care because why should I? No one else does.
Every time I am on the train (not Dart or Luas) I write a letter. It's good thinking time and I like nice trains.
Basket or even wire plastic crate would do. Mostly for heavy items shopping, ie milk & canned goods when shopping.
I walk 2 km to work in the rain already and 2 to 3km back depending on errands.
I don't need to wear a suit and am never in a rush.
What is the difference from using my phone to post on thumped for an hour on the train rather than sitting at home and doing it?
Commuting 4 days to have 3 in the country (with a dog) is approaching 'worth it' in my book.

ETA:
Car, or crammed luas & dart = soul sucking. I agree there.

People who live in Dublin, generally speaking, think anything outside the pale is a different planet and find thought of travelling arduous. Country folk will travel anywhere, any time. A bus or train to the big smoke is a piece of piss. Having a car in the country, for me being 5 miles outside my nearest village, is a necessity, but when travelling to Dublin, I prefer to take the bus and not have to worry about price of petrol, parking or having a few shcoops while I'm there. I like Dublin a lot, but it certainly isn't the centre of the universe. The rest of the country is peachy.

As long as you've thought it through.

I personally would miss the cinema.

I haven't been to the cinema since August.
If there was something I wanted to see I could see it after work and take the a later train home.
I would have to choose very carefully and seriously look into it but I think it's possible.

Dublin is sucking my soul.

and, oh...
There's a fuck load of Dubs out this direction who whole heartedly agree, that moving to the country was the best decision they'd ever made.

Well, maybe not always, you might get a seat but if a pensioner with a travel pass comes along you'll have to give it up. Somebody have me a good tip about this once - sit just inside the door or right in the middle of the carriage so that when the oap does show up they'll walk past the first seat to show they're at least trying to find a seat but they won't go a far as the middle of the carriage looking for one, they'll stop and wait for someone to get up for them do you don't want to be in that danger zone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back