Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (5 Viewers)

the point is they know everyone that's been half or fully vaccinated, and have everything they need - name, phone number, vaccine status - to provide a vaccine passport app/extend the covid app/QR code/Apple Wallet card/whatever right now.

the only issue is finding the political will to do it
well if they're opening travel back up on the 19th they'll have to have that in place or they'll be in the bad books with the rest of the EU.

But I can just predict how that's gonna go.

Travel is back open. You can travel.

BUT WE STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST TRAVEL (with accompanying twitter storm orchestrated by Richard Chambers and Gavan Reilly to turn everyone against anyone even thinking about travelling).

cunts

In my opinion nobody should be travelling internationally unless they’re fully vaccinated, they’re masked up the entire journey, and it’s for 100% necessary purposes.

In my opinion nobody should be travelling internationally unless they’re fully vaccinated, they’re masked up the entire journey, and it’s for 100% necessary purposes.
I think we should be at least able to manage it EU-wide.

Lets see what the rules are. Regardless, I have a flight booked for August 4th.

for context, check out the 14-day rates across the EU

I mean, we're not doing that badly here, but we're probably below the EU average.

Looking at the numbers for Latvia (which is the other country where I closely follow whats going on), the numbers are still above 100 per 100k head of population. But I know for a fact that that number is going to fall dramatically over the coming days as they are currently at about 1-1.5% test positivity (and their vaccination program is well behind ours).

So its an improving situation, apart from maybe Portugal, who made a huge mistake in letting Brits flood in a few weeks ago.

the point is they know everyone that's been half or fully vaccinated, and have everything they need - name, phone number, vaccine status - to provide a vaccine passport app/extend the covid app/QR code/Apple Wallet card/whatever right now.

exactly.

The view they had included passport info, PPSN, address, phone number, and then they updated vaccination status to that record including the vaccine batch number it seemed. So they have a pretty solid idea of what's going on, which is good as far as I'm concerned. I'm all for getting that centralized.
In the US they hand out these rinky dink bits of paper that could easily be lost or forged, and that appears to be it.

People don't want to think about it but we are on Delta variant - There is no reason that the virus will morally decide it's work is done and retire on variant epsilon other than the reason that people would like to happen. so realisitcally hospitality needs to know it's speeds - on the spectrum of if people are non vaxxed but you've got good outdoors to people are vaxxed to the hilt and they are having shared finger food in 30,000 capacity venue while all shouting in each others faces - and managing that over what could be several consecutive strains will need a database and a greencard - which seem like invasions now, but would be considered superpowers in the spanish flu era.

ehhh you guys do know that the HSE already has a list of everyone that's registered for vaccination, and what stage of the process they're at? No new database required - it's already sitting there in a Salesforce system.
ehhhh i double dare you to send that response to tupp ed on twitter and see what he says

By “do it” I mean “enforce it”

I suppose my point is that saying "duhhh, they have all our data anyway, just give up already" is pretty much giving people political will to enforce whatever the hell they like

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back