Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (7 Viewers)

the point of my sharing that post was who he was blaming.

and I replied to that saying DCC are to blame for it and then we went down the road of what "it" was and now we seem to be back where we started. :)

PS he's not blaming the middle aged home owner I don't think. He's saying DCC only care about the middle aged homeowner who drives everywhere. He's definitely not attacking you personally for owning a house.

How long does it take from registering for your vaccine to being called? Roughly speaking.

How long does it take from registering for your vaccine to being called? Roughly speaking.
yeah, what @moose said. I registered and was told it would be in around 3 weeks, but that you would be contacted 6 days in advance.

The vaccine I ended up getting from the GP, I got less than 24 hours notice, and didn't even know I was on a list. I've heard of cases where people are phoned and told to go straight to the GP there and then.

and I replied to that saying DCC are to blame for it and then we went down the road of what "it" was and now we seem to be back where we started. :)

PS he's not blaming the middle aged home owner I don't think. He's saying DCC only care about the middle aged homeowner who drives everywhere. He's definitely not attacking you personally for owning a house.
well I'm glad to hear that then.

I'm not here to love DCC, but what should they be providing that would prevent an absolutely massive public RIP while we are slowly emerging from the pandemic?

It's shite we can't all go on the rip hugging everyone, but that's where we are where we are.

I'm not here to love DCC, but what should they be providing that would prevent an absolutely massive public RIP while we are slowly emerging from the pandemic?

It's shite we can't all go on the rip hugging everyone, but that's where we are where we are.
Well given that the majorly of at risk groups are vaccinated there shouldn't be any worry of massive deaths. The issue is lack of public spaces, lack of bins and toilets in said spaces. DCC saying they don't think people should be in the public spaces and won't put out bins because people might use said bins. Won't put out toilets because people might use them. In the mean time people are leaving piles of rubbish behind them and pissing anywhere they can. Including the walls of my house, my neighbours front doors, on their cars etc.

The idea of people not congregating is bollocks so I'm not gonna bother addressing whether they should or shouldn't be doing it. Fact is they're doing it and have been for months now so that ship has very much sailed.

One thing the lockdowns have really shown is that the amount of public toilets in Dublin is a total joke. When all the 'indoor' ones closed down, you were left with the ones at the top of Grafton Street, outside Jervis Centre, and the only other ones I know of you could use are Connolly and Heuston.
The distances between these, considering we're talking crowded city centre shopping area, is mad.
A couple of weeks ago I walked past the one at the top of Grafton Street, and I kinda needed to go. There were at least 20 guys queueing already, you'd be waiting there half an hour at that rate. I was heading home past Connolly anyway so just held on to there instead, 15 minutes from top of Grafton to Connolly, I reckon I'd still have been standing in that queue outside Stephen's Green.

Back before Christmas during 'intra-lockdown' I walked down South William Street at around 10pm, and there were literally just people pissing everywhere. All the pubs etc were closed, there was literally nowhere for these animals to piss (loads of them were just doing it on the main street though instead of at least finding a nearby alley or something, cunts)

One thing the lockdowns have really shown is that the amount of public toilets in Dublin is a total joke. When all the 'indoor' ones closed down, you were left with the ones at the top of Grafton Street, outside Jervis Centre, and the only other ones I know of you could use are Connolly and Heuston.
The distances between these, considering we're talking crowded city centre shopping area, is mad.
A couple of weeks ago I walked past the one at the top of Grafton Street, and I kinda needed to go. There were at least 20 guys queueing already, you'd be waiting there half an hour at that rate. I was heading home past Connolly anyway so just held on to there instead, 15 minutes from top of Grafton to Connolly, I reckon I'd still have been standing in that queue outside Stephen's Green.

Back before Christmas during 'intra-lockdown' I walked down South William Street at around 10pm, and there were literally just people pissing everywhere. All the pubs etc were closed, there was literally nowhere for these animals to piss (loads of them were just doing it on the main street though instead of at least finding a nearby alley or something, cunts)

Imagine that scene on South William street but it's the street you live on and both male and female pissers and shitters.

conversely, the 20-year old has much more time out the back end of this thing than the 40 or 60-year old to live their life and enjoy themselves.
We do not know this to be the case at this juncture - that is the desired outcome but delta variant and its mates really don't care about our timelines. The only known is that now is now and we seem to have councils living in the proverbial then rather than the rational now.

Anywhoo I'm not trying to wildly disagree with you - I thought it was worth exploring the comparatives, you are right in what you say about everyone having a different trip.

Tangent

Was thinking the other day about how western (christian, theistic cultured) are conditioned to look for a good guy and bad guy. I think Tony Holohan has been both about 3 times now, when the guy is basically just reading the effects of a conciousless entity and trying to mitigate them with in the structures available.
We aren't really versed in adding a conciousless entity into our worlds. The govt should just hire some actor or something to be evil Mr. Rona to go brian blessed on it's progress in eradicating things on the news once a week and shoot lazers at hospitals and shit so people can process that the humans are flawed but trying.

I have enjoyed watching Tony Holohan jump from devil incarnate to saviour of the country depending on the week and the publication.

We do not know this to be the case at this juncture - that is the desired outcome but delta variant and its mates really don't care about our timelines. The only known is that now is now and we seem to have councils living in the proverbial then rather than the rational now.

Anywhoo I'm not trying to wildly disagree with you - I thought it was worth exploring the comparatives, you are right in what you say about everyone having a different trip.

Tangent

Was thinking the other day about how western (christian, theistic cultured) are conditioned to look for a good guy and bad guy. I think Tony Holohan has been both about 3 times now, when the guy is basically just reading the effects of a conciousless entity and trying to mitigate them with in the structures available.
We aren't really versed in adding a conciousless entity into our worlds. The govt should just hire some actor or something to be evil Mr. Rona to go brian blessed on it's progress in eradicating things on the news once a week and shoot lazers at hospitals and shit so people can process that the humans are flawed but trying.
ah no, you were dead right to call me out on my bullshit.

I enjoyed the back-and-forth today. Its great to be able to discuss something with someone you might disagree with (or even agree with), without having it resort to abuse or blocking.

Oh also,

Why does he have to be good or bad though

namaste.

Because we're conditioned to look for a good guy or bad guy and his actions make him look like the bad guy or one's actions speak for how one is perceived.

I've brought this up several times and you always took the piss!! (out of my suggestions)
I haven't been in Dublin for 15 months and it's huge problem for long years. what do Dublin corpo expect?
I wouldn't condemn a homeless person - they literally have nowhere else to go.

I remember you said many people were very openly pissing on streets at Xmas.
get the toilets and bins in place and get plans for designated meeting areas 'cause people are coming out this weekend whether we ilke it or not.
Ireland is so incompetently run it's defies belief.

Because we're conditioned to look for a good guy or bad guy and his actions make him look like the bad guy or one's actions speak for how one is perceived.
Holohan is meh at best.
yeah I agree we are conditioned to good guy / bad guy, in TV roles, politics, sport (e.g. Keane v McCarthy)
it's all over the place.
very little neutral and very little 'a plague on all of them' / bad v bad / there are no good guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back