Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (14 Viewers)

I'm still waiting on my first appointment
the local GP here ran a pfizer clinic yesterday and basically rang people on her books. She didn't initially ring me because she's not my main GP. She called my gf, and because she'd already been vaxxed, mentioned my name. I am on their books as I've been a couple of times - so they called me, with 24 hours notice. Turned out they had a good few spares so rang the local garda station to get them all down to get their first dose.

I hadn't heard anything from the national vax scheme either. A work collegue is 50 and is getting his first dose this friday, so they're a little behind where I expected they'd be.

My wife just got called. She's younger than me and registered after me. We think it's because I filled out the registration form fully including doctor etc, she skipped that part.
My doc is in Dunsh so if I get called to City West I'll go mental, she got called to the Vac centre out the road here.

I heard someone bragging that they'd been vaxed up. When quizzed about their age, "oh someone from the HSE is in my ____ club, so she got us all done". Livid.

Also, nice one on keeping that quiet.

Was talking to one of the locals here lately, almost 70 years of age, he's so terrified of needles he ran away from all his vaccinations as a kid. Presumably he's done at this stage, he fully intended to get done when I was talking to him anyway - partly to express his disgust with his son, who's gone down an anti-vax rabbit hole

When i say "terrified" I mean exactly that. I'm talking completely irrational, fight-or-flight levels of visceral fear, not "ewww needles" or "I don't like the discomfort." It's really quite pathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back