Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (16 Viewers)

When i say "terrified" I mean exactly that. I'm talking completely irrational, fight-or-flight levels of visceral fear, not "ewww needles" or "I don't like the discomfort." It's really quite pathetic.
Everyone has something like this. All I can say is look away and maybe bring music?

When i say "terrified" I mean exactly that. I'm talking completely irrational, fight-or-flight levels of visceral fear, not "ewww needles" or "I don't like the discomfort." It's really quite pathetic.

Headphones and music might help.

Thanks for the suggestions but when I had to get a blood test done about 14 years ago, taking valium and being held down by two nurses didn’t help, soooo…..

Thanks for the suggestions but when I had to get a blood test done about 14 years ago, taking valium and being held down by two nurses didn’t help, soooo…..

its the easiest interaction with any needle going into me ive ever experienced.
theyve no veins to find so its just stick a short needle into your arm for a few secs and bam its done.
trying to give advice on an irrational fear is beyond me. alls more ill say is youll be grand.

I found that you come in, sit down, they ask you a few questions and then before you know it it's done.

It's a bit like that card shark video you posted the other day. These guys do this all day every day. They are good at sleight of hand and distraction. Then the jab happens and you're done, get out. You won't feel a thing in the moment.

it's weird because i can think about it perfectly rationally now, but once i'm in there with them all bets are off

it's weird because i can think about it perfectly rationally now, but once i'm in there with them all bets are off
I didn't even see the needle. I knew it was coming, I looked away while one nurse purposefully cuffed the needle and came towards me. The other nurse asked me for my address or something, just for a distraction. Then it happened, and then it was done.

You're not the only person terribly afraid of needles. They can handle you. You can do it.

Got an appointment. 9.35 SUNDAY morning...in Athlone, an hour's drve away :mad:

I had contemplated getting rat-arsed tomorrow night but that is unikly now

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back